• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What is your favorite brand of firearm?

• Total voters

CtChevy427

Still Kicking....
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
This weeks contribution by RI Chevy Silveradoman.....

This is a multiple choice poll for those that just can't decide.

Always looking for poll ideas post them HERE or send me a PM.......

I put Springfield and Marlin because, of all the different brands I've had, those 2 have been the most reliable by far. But I haven't had guns from all those other choices, just some of 'em and some not listed.

Good thread. I voted for Colt and Springfield. Lots of experience with both and I've been happy with both.

Not well versed in rifles/handguns, but all of us shoot Beretta (or Beretta owned Benelli) shotguns. Never have any problems with 'em.

My Glock duty weapons have made me a believer of their reliability.

Can't go wrong with basic Rem. 870 shotgun. My Rem. 700 30.06 has never given me problems. First rifle I ever owned was a Winchester .243 youth ranger. Still have it and it is a tack driver. It's had tons of rounds put through it, never has had a problem.

In rifles I'm kinda partial to the old Lee Enfield and M95 Mauser. The AR-15 is still the one I'd choose first though. In shotguns I like my Ithaca 51 for clay shooting and my Remington 870 for home defense.

Since I am new to the firearms and only have my Springfield XDM 40 I really could only vote that one choice. But I really like what I have !!!!!

Voted other.

Sig P226 9mm 15+1, fine German steel, very good sidearm.

I have a Savage 112FV heavy barrel precision varminter in 25-06 that will absolutely destroy things well beyond 500 yards. For a low dollar rig it is amazing. One hole groups out of the box. I like it so well I bought one in .223, also excellent.

I like a lot of brands, just depends on the job. Shotguns, levers, muzzleloaders, sporters, revolvers, rimfire etc.

No MP5, but I have a some civilian model rifles. I shot many MP5's, when working, and never had any issues at all with them. I have most of the P7 series, a few USP's, and sold a P7M13 that I carried for 10 years and had over 25K rounds through it without a malfunction. They are in a league of their own.

Oh my, I voted for Springfield and Colt as I have used both of them and own both of them, I also like my old S&W 45 and my new Ruger SR9c....

Brands that I like:

Springfield Armory pistols & rifles; Smith & Wesson revolvers, M&P rifles and M&P pistols; Remington shotguns & rifles; Mossberg Shotguns; Glock Pistols; Winchester rifles & shotguns; Daniel Defense carbines; LMT rifles; LaRue rifles; Colt revolvers, pistols & carbines (NOT the crap .22 AR rifles made by UMAREX).

At one time I would have also picked Marlin, but ever since they were bought out by the Freedom Group in 2008, which is owned by Cerberus (Yes, the same private investment company that owned Chrysler just before the Fed's bail-out) and they shut down the 140 year old factory in CT in 2010, fired the production workers and moved production to the Remington factories in NY and NC, Marlin quality and customer service has turned to absolute CRAP. To the point that Remington has been forced to stop production of all Marlin lever action rifles until some time next year. It will take a very long time for Marlin to regain its reputation, if ever. The only Marlin rifles worth having are those made at their North Haven, CT factory by long time Marlin craftsmen before that plant was shut down and the workers fired.

Hello your Hunters:thumbsup:

Can in America or Canada or Alaska just go anybody in a Gun Shop and buy Pistols and Rifles? Or do you need a Permission for this?.?

Greetings...
Gunar

Back