• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What is a good WIFI router?

So far so good. Pulled an ethernet cable from my modem in the bedroom to the living room so I could put the router there(that way I could plug the TV and blu ray into ethernet, the TV's wifi was less than reliable to say teh least, and our blu ray doesn;t have wifi), and set it up. I'm finally able to run at our full 40MB speed like my wired conenctions via wifi. It also seems to load and change webpages ALOT faster than before. no more lagging waiting for webpages to be found and load, they just pop up now. The TG LINK AC-1900 had the same specs as the one Pep got, for about $60 less money. So far, so good, will update after I've used it for awhile. Now I have to go back to my cable company and swap out my modem with wifi for one without wifi. I turned the WIFI off, but my cable company re enabled it, and it's interfering with the routers wifi I think. They are now offering free wifi if you're out, and I think they are using the modems with wifi to do so. I know I've read complaints about others saying they had caught them doing this, so they bought there own modems to not be a mobile a hotspot dragging there internet down.

After a few days still VERY happy with the TG LINK 1900(ARCHER C9) router. The range on this thing is PHENOMINAL! I have it in my living room over the TV, and get full signal all throughout the house. I can even go outside, or walk next door to the neighbors and use it. I was using it yesterday almost a 1/4 mile away, and still had useable service from it. Still can't get over how much faster websites respond now compared to the NETGEAR we just had, or even the old LYNKSYS we had.

I had to walk from the back of the house to the living room just now to get better signal, loading so slow. Sat down on the couch and read that response. Guess what is getting ordered today.

My old netgear would lose signal on my back porch, so to say I was surprised at having signal a 1/4 mile away was an understatement.

Got ours in yesterday,(same as Ferm's) installed by my 15y.o. Today.

Way better than the linksys. Loads fast and signal through the house and yard. I lag signal once I cross the street, but my house is solid brick with plaster on interior walls.

Wish I did it earlier. Thanks for the input. Now to read the reads of the threads and go kill on agario

I couldnt be happier with mine. I get 2 to 3 bars in my shop where before i got 1 or none. And the speed alone payed for doing it. Time will tell if it takes care of my ip address issue.

Bringing this back up. Ferm when I searched for your router several different kinds showed up judging by the pictures. Anyway to narrow down what you got? What's a good price for it?

After a few days still VERY happy with the TG LINK 1900(ARCHER C9) router. The range on this thing is PHENOMINAL! I have it in my living room over the TV, and get full signal all throughout the house. I can even go outside, or walk next door to the neighbors and use it. I was using it yesterday almost a 1/4 mile away, and still had useable service from it. Still can't get over how much faster websites respond now compared to the NETGEAR we just had, or even the old LYNKSYS we had.

Do you know if you got the TP Link AC 1900 High Power ?

My ASUS 1900 went out at just over a year old on Saturday...went to best buy because I needed a router faster than ASUS could repair and get this one back...so I grabbed another ASUS 1900 from Bestbuy that same day...not even a week later and the new one goes out...so back to bestbuy and not getting another ASUS...EVER!

I ordered a TP Link AC1900 "High Power" from amazon and it will be here tomorrow also ordered the assurion two year replacement warranty for $9...seems something may be causing my routers to go out prematurely...Charter Spectrum has tested the Modem and they say it's fine...but 2 routers failing (albeit one 1 year old) within a 6 day window is either extremely coincidental or something is up...

yours may be the high power since you are getting such good range with it...

@THEFERMANATOR

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
quite a few different models available protects against both brownouts and surges. Mines an older one and clicks when activated. it will be quiet for fairly long periods then it will click up a storm.

I was more worried that the cause may be the cable coming into the modem. if that is even a possibility...

I'm glad to see that you are recommending a small unit...when I did a search there are some serious whole house line conditioners out there...I was thinking "this guy must think I'm rich" :wacky:

Back