• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What is a good glass cleaner ?

schiker

Reaction score
I bought some Invisible Glass, glass cleaner by Stoner from Walmart thinking it would be good but I have been disappointed.

I want something that will clean and is safe with some overspray on dash and rubber trim.

I use the glass cleaner from Chrysler. When I worked for them I started using it and liked it so much, I continued to use even after I left. It cleans with minimal wiping, leaves little to no residue, and won't hurt anything else you get it on. Comes in an aerosol spray can.

Check with your local glass and mirror shop. They usually sell bulk of what works for them. An alcohol based cleaner usually does the best

I've been very happy with invisible glass...My supply is old but dwindling...maybe there was a formula change we didn't hear about?

OK thanks, I'll check with the glass company and Chrysler.

Invisible Glass just seems too mild. It takes several applications to cut through much of anything and smears stuff and leaves a residue until the 3rd or 4th and sometimes 5th application.

I usually use a small drop of dishwashing soap on a wet paper towel to clean my sunglasses and most things. We have some 3M solar film applied to some French doors out to our back deck and installer said that is all he uses and recommends for the film. I did like some BMW glass cleaner but I don't really like the dealer and assumed it is too pricey. Once my sister had some stuff on her glasses she couldn't get off and I gave her a little bottle of stuff that came with my wife's BMW and she said it was great and cleaned her glasses when nothing else would.

I love invisible glass. If there's "gunk" or spots I use it with a bit of steel wool (#0000) and clean up with Scott Shop Towels (either in the box or on the roll). They leave no residue, seems to get all my needs covered.

I bought one can of aerosol cleaner from Chrysler and it seems better than invisible glass but think it goes quick. I bought some shop glass towels too. I have used razor blades to scrape clean glass but not steel wool. Had some copper Brillo pad like roll once that was the bomb for tender scrubbing. Company I worked for used it to clean plastic extruder screws and dies.

I use Sprayway in the shop and at home. It cleans well with no residue and is safe for any type of trim. As stated above, we use oooo steel wool for bugs and heavy deposits,

Back