• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Wallbro lift pump

PhattDaddy94HD

Reaction score
Hey gang, I installed the new lift pump today. Easy, straightforward install but, it wouldn't work when done. I found out that the ground wire in the foctory plug had a problem. Once I grounded the pump directly to the frame it works great! The truck runs the same but now I have fuel pressure reading on my new gauge (9-10 psi at idle down to 4-5psi at WOT). Truck had a cold start issue before (it would start, run for about 30 sec. then die. Then had to crank for awile to get fuel back up to injector pump). Fuel pressure comes up quick now so I think that problem should be gone, also had an occasional stutter under hard acceleration. I will be driving it way too hard in the next few days to "check it out". I always love a good reason to play. Next order of business is to remove the intake to relocate the PMD. I'm also planning to install #9 resistor, ALWAYS LOOKING FOR MORE POWER! Burnin Oil has been great help through this project so THANKS AGAIN! Leroy! Talk to you soon, Jeff

Save your money as you won't feel a #9 resistor. Get a tune instead. Lots of ways to make power on here...

I agree, I noticed zero differences with the resistors. Which pump did you get, the frc 10? I've really been thinking about getting one myself. Did you hook up the fuel pressure gauge before or after the pump install?

I got the fr-10. Fuel gauge was in before the pump but my stock pump was junk. I still need to run a ground wire from the pump body to ground but all my issiues seem ro be gone. i am very interested in a chip to make more power. thanks jeff

Great! good to talk with you again yesterday. Most people can tell a definate change for the better in the way thier truck runs after a FRC10.

Back