• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Walbro FRB-5 Group buy

NVW

Reaction score
I was in contact with Leroy (Burning Oil) about a Walbro FRB-5 fuel pump. He is out of stock now and gets them in groups of 5. Is anyone else here looking for one?

Mods, I put this here for max. exposure.

Price is $95 +$9 shipping, I'll have to confirm if that is to Canada. I'll check into the psi and flow and post it here.

I would want the adapter fittings to hook it to the lines without cutting. They would be 20.00 extra. I didn't know if he would ship the pump and fittings for he same price as just the pump.

Too Bad, I actually need a LP for my Burb but I can't wait. I gotta fix it today. Gonna use stock replacement from 93 but it's the same price as the Walbro.

I'll most likely be looking for one pretty soon, I am doing ftb and fuel pressure gauge this week, I have a fairly new 93 lift pump, but if the fuel pressure numbers don't impress me Walbro is the next step. Maybe if I get off my butt and off the computer I could do it today

Not for nothing, I have seen them a little cheaper on here. Not sure what difference the shipping would make, if any.

Got some news and its not good. I just called my supplier to ask about availabilty. They are available. The bad news is very soon the manufactuer is going to double the price on these pumps. (They just sold the "pump division" to another company that feels the price is to low right now). We can still get them now for the $95, but I am going to qualify that price and say as long as I can still get the pump for the same price I will sell them for $95.
He said we need to have an order in, in the next couple days as the price is going up in about a week.

I would want the adapter fittings to hook it to the lines without cutting. They would be 20.00 extra. I didn't know if he would ship the pump and fittings for he same price as just the pump.

I can put them in the same box, no additional postage.
I'll let you guys know that I make $10 each on these pumps, so can't include fittings in the price.

$95 +$28 =$123,add to that custom broker fee's and tax + $ exchange ,makes it run $150+ before it gets here:nonod:

I ship usps. Don't know if that helps. I mail to Canada almost daily and don't get anyone telling me about brokerage fees.
I know UPS will getcha though.

I agree at $200 that opens up alot of other choices. They will go from selling alot of pumps to very few.
Atleast it is still available now at a good price, but how long???

I can put them in the same box, no additional postage.
I'll let you guys know that I make $10 each on these pumps, so can't include fittings in the price.

Thanks thats what I wanted to know. I wasn't looking for free fittings just combined shipping. It aggravates me when one item costs 9.00 to ship and the other is 8.00 but if you want both it will be 17.00.

OK, I'm in. I was going to wait until I checked my fuel pressure, but I don't want to need a Walbro next week and have to pay more. Where do I sign?

It doesn't look good for the FRB-28. I have sent 3 emails asking about the pump in the last 2 months and here are the responses.

Jan 12:
I'm sorry but the FRB-28 has not been released as of yet. I foresee
not for another month or so
Luis Salas
Program Manager - Aftermarket
Walbro Engine Management

Feb 25:
The pump is finishing up in the drawing stage but I have no idea of a
time line.
Stay with me on it
Luis Salas

Apr 26:
FRB-28 is not active and available, contact V.E. Petersen Co. for
pricing.
No price increase at the moment but it will happen before summer.
Pump division was not sold, don't know where that one started
Luis Salas
Program Manager - Aftermarket
Walbro Engine Management

Responses went from 4 weeks to on the drawing board to we don't have such a thing. I would't hold out for it. I was but I think I'm done.

Last edited:
Back