• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Viton Oil Filter Adapter O-Rings

Matt Bachand

Depends on the 6.5
Reaction score
Turbine Doc had a thread going where he had great pix of replacing the 3 o'ring seals for the Oil Filter Adapter.

I am planning on doing mine next weekend, as Summertime is perfect for stuff like this. Another leak eliminated is that much better.

Question is, Did you ever find those O-rings by Viton?

I have the 3 GM parts numbers,

Thanks again TD!

Could you elaborate a little on how much to grind the Adapter for Greg's braid in lines? Might as well grind it down while its off.

Just hit that edge on a grinding wheel till it has a slight 45 should be enough ?

Basically just need a tad bit more room for the SS Line plumbing it seems.

On a side note, the SS lines and new Crossover pipes seem like a nice pair of upgrades to do at the same time?

I got my GM O-Rings and going to do this job saturday along with a fresh oil change of Mobil 1. Thinking of going with the 75000mileage Synthetic from wallyworld for 23.00 for 5 quarts. (pick up 2 of them and a new mobil-1 filter)

Anyhow, you said 47 ft/lbs of torque for the nut. I don't have a torque wrench, so how tight is this? I assume impact is a no-no on this? Maybe Impact off?

I used to work for an industrial seal distributor... if you need Viton o-rings in either brown or black, 75 or 90 durometer, let me know and I can refer you to them. They stock all standard 2-, -AN, metric sizes and will ship anywhere.

If you don't know the dimensions (ID and CS of the GM parts, they can measure and match your samples).

Last edited:
Back