• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Vegetable Gardens

jrsavoie

Recruit
Reaction score
Enough for the winter and left for the next sowing.
How do you store the potatoes?

We've had poor results dry storing them. We never tried the garden shed. We've only been heating it year round for a few years. And I wasn't around last year.

My wife makes and freezes a lot of hash browns and stuff. But that is time consuming also.

Usually there's enough here for 3 families. This year we planted none.

jrsavoie

Recruit
Reaction score
@denata I honestly didn't think your climate/weather would support strawberries.. they can be a pain to grow at times..
denata, how big is your strawberry patch?
We just started a strawberry patch for the first time in 40 years or so. The birds are all the new plants. Wind chimes and a solar owl with motion sensor lighted eyes didn't bother the birds at all.

denata

Reaction score
We have a lot of snow (about a yard), it is like a heater covering strawberries in winter. We have a couple of beds 6 square yards growing small, about 3/4 inch.
Potatoes are stored in the basement of the garage, around +5°C (40°F), and do not need to be washed after harvest.

jrsavoie

Recruit
Reaction score