• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Vapor vent tube in sender.

Shop manual shows three small tubes next to the much bigger vent that connects to the filler by the gas cap. The two smaller tubes are supply and return. The slightly bigger one is suppose to be a vapor vent hose connection.

Start it when cold and then shut it down, you should hear the LP continue to run until it loses oil pressure. Otherwise a fuel pressure gauge is your friend

Where does it connect to in 93 Silverado 6.5 td
I have a hose coming out of the frame near engine. It has a a small hanger with a fastener hole in it by the end. I blew into it a little but then restricted. I guess it is the tank sender vent. No cannisters and don't see where it attaches to. I have to drive with loose gas cap or it'll backfire . I assume it's clogged now. Anyone know about it? Shop manual doesn't show

I have a hose coming out of the frame near engine. It has a a small hanger with a fastener hole in it by the end. I blew into it a little but then restricted. I guess it is the tank sender vent. No cannisters and don't see where it attaches to. I have to drive with loose gas cap or it'll backfire . I assume it's clogged now. Anyone know about it? Shop manual doesn't show

Im not sure it will help.
I have a 93 with the bed off. I can get you a picture tomorrow.

I believe that the actual tank venting is through the fuel tanks cap. Makes Me wonder if someone has installed a gas fuel tank or sender into Your truck.

I leave it loose. Easy to steal fuel though . That vent line is so big how could it ever get clogged? New diesel cap will cause sluggish performance and then backfire if tight . With flashlight and mirror I can get a glimpse of top of tank I think. I'll send shop manual picture as well

Back