• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

turbo

tammlyn

Reaction score
this might be a dumb question but i will ask it anyway,i bought 06 lbz dually in 2009 and you could always hear the turbo whine down,i cannot hear it no more i don't have a check light or dtc codes,i would assume if there was anything wrong it would throw a code,maybe i'm getting deaf any ideas guys,i presently have 253,oookm with no engine issues at all thanks mike

What do you mean by wind down? Do you mean when yout the engine off you could hear it spinning until it stopped? Or are you talking about the jet engine hiss out the exhaust?

i'm sorry for not getting back to you,i had no access to a computer,yes the whistle in the exhaust is what i meant,anyway i past in front of a strip mall when it was closed and i can hear the whistle,it was me who was looking for a problem that didn't exist,but i did find a video on you tube where a guy cleans his turbo,whynn makes a turbo cleaner it looked like it did a good job thanks mike

Back