• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Truck Makeover

NVW

Reaction score
After two years being my wifes DD, it's mine again:DSA400012.jpg

Unfortunately my old bale trucks rearend went out and I'm parking it. It has 510k kms, 1/2 of them had the bale deck on it and was beat to crap. RIPSA400004.jpg
SA400009.jpg

First job is to mount the pump, I was hoping to put it where the vac pump was but it was too tight so it goes on the DS below the alt. It turned out pretty good.SA400877.jpg
SA400876.jpg

A little work attaching the back beam with new pins and bushings. Tomorrow the plan is to removed the deck from the truck, cut in the last 3 clearance lights and a few other odds and ends. I may make one more attachment to the truck frame to deck.SA400873.jpgSA400874.jpgSA400875.jpg

Unfortunately work will slow down for awhile as I have a big skid to build for the oil field.

I also plan on doing some long overdue things. I've had FTB for a couple years, the IP inlet is the only thing done. Walbro LP c/w Racor 30 micron prefilter, both sitting here for a couple years. Change rear diff oil while the deck is off as well as tank sock. Those will never get any easier. Also a couple other things if time allows.

The ol' truck is still in darn good shape too it appears. Soon will be a 'service/welding' truck?

Been wanting to build me a flatbed too lately..

I can put my engine drive on it if needed but it's intended use is to feed round bales to the cows, the deck can pick up 2 bales and unroll them.
The ol' truck is still in darn good shape too it appears. Soon will be a 'service/welding' truck?

Been wanting to build me a flatbed too lately..

I can put my engine drive on it if needed but it's intended use is to feed round bales to the cows, the deck can pick up 2 bales and unroll them.

I shoulda read more closely.. I didn't even recognize it was the bed off the Dodge that you're tinkering with..... geesh...

Must say things are lookin' UP.. :thumbsup:

you ought to take a video of that thing unrolling a bale, this nonfarm country boy has never seen that done before

I just thought I would post a few pics of the deck the way it was, I wish I had the prints of it being built 14 yrs ago.

Attachments

• SA400051.jpg
    SA400051.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 15
  • SA400057.jpg
    SA400057.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 16
  • SA400058.jpg
    SA400058.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 15
Finished cutting in the clearance lights, plug and tire winch hole. The bushing remained perfectly true after welding. I kind of like the color of the raw metal.
SA400875.jpg

Re routed the fuel filler to match the old access location, it will also give room for a under deck tool box. I had picked up a couple awhile back but the gussets the box bolts down to are in the way, they stick out from the frame 8".
SA400873.jpgSA400870.jpg

Just one of the welds on the bushing, there was a 1/4" gap to fill, the original bushings were just 1 1/2" heavy walled pipe that was a larger O.D. than the bushings on there now. The problem with the pipe was the I.D. wasn't perfectly round, these should work smoother.
SA400871.jpg

Back