• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tip for reducing spiders & cobwebs in garage/sheds

schiker

Reaction score
So my brother-n-law said notice anything about my garage? Then he pointed out no dusty cobwebs in corners and nooks. He said he heard this tip and seems to work.... Clean garage and then spray (garden sprayer) a mixture of at least 50/50 Vinegar/water into corners and nooks where spiders usually build webs. He said it keeps them from coming back. Not sure how often he sprays a couple times a year and likes 80/20 vinegar/water. He does this on painted sheetrock walls so apparently you don't have to soak it down just enough to dampen it with scent. And it did not smell when I was in there but not sure how long it takes to wear off.

I am going to try it next summer.

Hmmm. Who'd a thunk it?

I don't like the smell of Vinegar... It'd keep me out for sure.

The 'Clean Garage thing' is a real confusing debacle for me also.. :D

Add household bleach and the mixture will also kill bacteria, viruses, mold, mold spores, etc. 60-20-20 vinegar-water-bleach should do it. Add Tea Tree Oil (50:1, above mix-Tea Tree Oil) and nothing will grow back if there was something there before.

any tips for keeping wood boring bee's from destroying your home...my brother has a huge problem with them starting to ruin the structural integrity of parts of his home and shop...

any tips for keeping wood boring bee's from destroying your home...my brother has a huge problem with them starting to ruin the structural integrity of parts of his home and shop...

I got a HUGE Problem with those at my House as well. Can't even go out on the Deck in the Back without them Dive Bombing you. Nothing Works that I've Tried.

google bee butter... or make your own...

here's what I've found tonight:

petroleum jelly and premethian 5% powder mixed together thick...paint around the inside of the opening to each hole they've bored or inject into it with a large syringe and watch them come out and die...when fall comes around plug hole with steel wool and caulk...

buy or make a carpenter bee trap...you may have to buy one to copy first...use these to catch any newcomer bees to the area...

there is also a preventative treatment to use once a year to prevent new penetrations...it also has premthian(sp) mixed in with it...it degrades over time hence you have to apply annually...Cyzmic CS

Back