• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Thumper2004 Hello all!

Thumper2004

Reaction score
32 Live in Arkansas. Shade tree hobbyist. So I inherited my NBS ECSB 99 Silverado 1500. To date I have swapped all of the lights for LEDs, save the door lights (bulbs wouldn't fit the housing without modification) and the High Beams. Headlights, Taillights, Third Brake Light, and bumper light housings all replaced. Replaced the step bars due to them shearing off with my 165lbs. Rusted through. Removed the bed rails and installed a tonneau cover. Replaced the stock radio with a Kenwood Digital Media Receiver. Installed an AirAid MIT. Removed the Jump seat and installed a full center floor console. Installed a tailgate lock that locks with the keyfob. It's a fantastic truck for me. Upcoming installs are shocks and a long overhead console.
Truck before Mods.jpgTruck Before mods
console.jpg
Console after install.

Last edited:
Cool. We had a bunch (25ish) of 5.3 in the fleet with our 6.5s back in the day. Good engine. Stay on top of fuel filter changes, my preference was every other 3,000 mile oil change, But the data showed to do oil changes at 5,000 miles and do a fuel filter each time. Those trucks were putting 80,000-90,000 a year on them and ran 4 years before being sold.

Hated the heater hose fitting on top of engine. Same one used in 6.5s but the gas engine ones leaked sooner for some reason. We always replaced the quick connector style with a barb fitting.

Post a pic of the top of engine and I can see and draw on repost of pic to show you where.

You realize being your granpa’s truck your gonna want to keep that rig a long time & keep in the family. Nothing like a family heirloom that can be drivin.;)

Back