• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

THAT LET DOWN FEELING

smokymtn65

Reaction score
So, cruising down I-40 rush hour traffic and it just turns off... after searching around for a bit I discovered blow ECM2 fuse. Replaced it (knowing there must be a reason) fired it up and off I go. 2 miles later that sickening silence. Blown again. so start the components one by one. after cooling down a bit reached back to unplug OPS and it disassembles it's self in my hand. Well put a fuse in and try it. We have fuel and away we go again. 30miles to home all is good. So the big question is, is it a shorted pump of OPS? I know I need to add a pump relay kit but needed to make sure I had the coolant issue fixed before doing other things.

When my lift pump went, that's the fuse that blew. Mine was a '98, though, so I don't believe the lift pump current went through the OPS. Yours may be different since it's a '95. If you were able to drive with the OPS unplugged, either the current doesn't run through the OPS or your injection pump was pulling fuel through your disabled lift pump.

I am guessing the latter, pulling through. But I did not look into it after I got home last night. saw your pick pop up and thought I don't have a pic of it on here were did that come from? lol

Crumbling OPS probably is the cause.

As far as the quote in your signature I forget who said it, but pretty sure it was one of the Generals in WWII. Macarthur?

I learned the hard way that my injection pump will suck through a dead lift pump all day long, as long as the level doesn't go below about 1/3 tank or so.

Guess the fact I had refueled exactly 10miles earlier was good. 38gals later. I know the IP will pull it but I also know the results too!

Brand new ops is best time to do the relay. I'm with Leroy I suspect just the ops.
If it did smoke the pump order that too from him at same time if going to the better pump.

Just jumper wire to the pump and test for pressure and volume. If you stick with the reciprocating factory design it's the AC Delco ep158 you want.-does Leroy sell that too?

Don't drive a ton on no lift pump, it's so hard on the ip. Why didn't they just do a gear drive in the ip and get it over with? Think how easy that would be to juice up from!

At least you made it home. Most vehicles would have had you walking...

I have a question on Boost, I hooked up the Tech 2 was monitoring the temp compared to gauges and noticed the boost pressure at idle reads 13 lb and goes up comparably with my boost gauge when driving.. bad MAP sensor ?

FWIW, the quote: "Political correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of manure by the clean end.” is credited to President Truman in a letter/cable to McArther and Nimitz. So the origins are from the WWII era. And now you know.

Back