• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tell me about GEP 6.2Ls?

GM Guy

Manual Trans. 2WD Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all,

I ran across what the seller claims to be a GEP 6.2L. Is this possible? I thought GEP only made 6.5Ls.

Regardless, for the price (well under1K) I think I will buy it, but I just wanted to know more.

Any info appreciated, thanks!

Gep only made 6.5- you are correct.
Seller Either doesn’t know the truth or doesn’t want to tell the truth. Either way you need to verify everything they say before paying anything.

It has a GEP valve cover, still in the military crate. wants 400 bucks. 1000 miles from home, (but will be within 10 miles of my next trip out west) so I figure its worth the risk.

All you can do is look. No 6.2 wver had the gep labeled cover on it. You need pictures of different angles to see what’s what. The person might have been told it is a 6.2 when what is for sale is a P400= for all we know. It also could be a totally trashed 6.2 with not one useable interior part and they put a GEP valve cover on it with intent to mislead. It

I suggest there is confusion over 6.2 and 6.5's. All you can do is look. I have seen military surplus 6.2's that have a "GM 6.2L D" cast on the passenger side block that would be a dead giveaway:

62.jpg

Back