• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

TDC -2.46

I am able to clear the TDC by holding the accelerator pedal down with ignition on for 45+ second, then ignition off for 30+ seconds. It goes to 0.00 on GM Tech 2. Then I do a relearn and it goes right to -2.46. Moved the IP noticeable to the passenger side and same thing: goes to -2.46.

when I returned mine to normal (-0.67) I started at -1.68 I ended up rotating the IP (standing in front of the truck) to my clockwise by a hair. had to do it about three times to get it closer to 0 from -1.68 if that will help you any. I was thinking turn it top side toward the passenger fender, it went to -2.0. turning it back top side towards to drivers fender (my clockwise) the numbers started going closer to 0 from higher negative if that makes any sense

I followed AKdiesel drivers tool. Used a reversible gear wrench, sawed off the box end and welded together a series of old wrench handles to get it to a usable configuration.
Then using a large channel lock pliers, rotate the pump and hold it in position and tighten the bolts. Warm the engine good, do another timing reset and see where it goes.
I found the biggest thing is to hold the pump while getting at least two bolts tight before releasing the pliers from the pump.

Yeah I had that problem too. I was able to use a regular gear wrench to loosen all three nuts on the IP. I would leave the top one slightly snug so the IP didn't move too easy. this allowed it to turn with some resistance, while holding it with channel locks I tightened the top one and one side nut, cranked her up ran the relearn, the do it again till I got it within spec. the third nut I left loose till I got it set where I wanted it since I have to remove the upper intake to get the gear wrench in there.

Back