• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Talk me out of it...

DEERE3594

I welcome everyone...not just Penguins!
Reaction score
I am seriously thinking of picking up a 1997 C3500 crew cab dually with 300,000k with a new motor and trans with in 20k miles. its beat but solid, but not rusted to bad. I went and looked at it, and going back again. I blew up a 6.5 before, now 2. I cant be leave I am about to buy a 3rd! :eek:

No body? no body? Im slowing going to go get it.... anyone??? Tell me I need a duramax or something??? Anyone? :D

Why don't you just put another motor in what you have? At least you will know what you've got.

Tough call Justin... Be nice if you could get a newer one with a Dmax in it. However if the 6.5 is fresh, you could always swap it into your current truck.

Not to rain on your parade but $3k seems kind of high for a 2wd gm w/ 300k miles. I know it has a new motor and tranny but I don't know what they are going for in your area. That could be a good price there.

Around minnesota the junkyards get over $2500 for a motor with high miles. And they want your old one or you pay a $7-800 core charge.

newer motor and tranny, like above--motor is 3-4 and tranny is 23-3500. plus all extra goodies. I think its good deal. any mods, pmd location, F or S????? how bout some stats in signature!!!!

$3K sounds like a great price for a 20K engine/trans, and it comes with a truck to deliver it in! Hell-of-a-deal!!!:thumbsup:

Rodd, you priced motors recently?):h

Luckily I haven't had to. I only look at the mileage and the wholesale price. Wholesale price doesn't take into account new engines or trany's.

Back