• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Swap

DaltonK8

Reaction score
So i have a 2004 half ton Silverado that im swapping a 6.0 from a 2004 Yukon Denali, the transmission i have came out of a 1999 or 2000 GMC Sierra with the c/k body style, will it be a direct bolt up?

If the trans your swapping in doesn't have the top mounting bolt in the bellhousing, then it will not bolt up without a crank spacer. Even if it has the top mounting hole, it's not a guarantee as some later model bellhousings came with it. The 4l60e used behind the gen 1&2 engines(old school engines) used a 298mm torque converter clutch, the 4l60e from behind gen 3&4 engines use a 300mm converter clutch. The 300mm tcc clutch converter was roughly .400" taller at the pilot than the 298mm tcc unit. ICT sells a simple spacer to extend the pilot to make it work, but I recommend sticking with a 300mm unit as the converters and input shafts are stronger. Your 04 denali engine should be a 325hp lq4 6.0l(denali's didn't get the 345hp lq9 until mid 05). They came with the 4l65e stock to help them hold up to the 6.0l's torque. They were also all drive by wire with ALOT of torque management.

The trans i have does have the top hole on the bellhousing, also its a 4l80e
4l80e changes things. For a 4l80e you need to buy the flexplate and spacer used in a 2500hd truck with a 6.0l unless you plan on going with one of the hybrid mini converters that use a 300mm 4l60e spacing with a 4l80e stub.

Back