• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5L Super 54 turbo

Not sure what you mean but this is a super 54 turbo from quadstar tuning
Not to ruin your day "that looks to be some hybrid." Having hands on "LARGE" Holset turbochargers "I can say without any reservation whatsoever the compressor on that turbocharger is not a compressor from any of the 50 series by any stretching of imagination or description." 50 series compressors are larger and have a distinctive large reinforcement block cast into it between the outer edge of the compressor body and compressor outlet.

Well darn it, not going to do what I needed. Sorry bout that.

I can say after watching for descent price on holsets- that is a good price + coming with the extra parts and that new. I wouldn’t even be able to use them on my hummer, But for a pickup- obviously they fit great and would out do gm turbo no problem.

OK! I now know this is a custom turbocharger with its own nomenclature designed around the Holset turbocharger for the 6.2-6.5 GM diesel.

I am sure that it a sound design and well worth the $$$$...........for upgrading the GM 6.2/6.5 diesel platforms.

Looking at what specs are posted by them, what is the "54" referenced to? Compressor size maybe ? Wonder why the cover ID tag is removed? The specs are close to a HX35 but a little smaller compressor wheel it looks like but no wheel specs I've seen...
No clue thats how it came from them and everyone else with one looks the same but its sold

OK! I now know this is a custom turbocharger with its own nomenclature designed around the Holset turbocharger for the 6.2-6.5 GM diesel.

I am sure that it a sound design and well worth the $$$$...........for upgrading the GM 6.2/6.5 diesel platforms.
It was worth it i had it set to 21 psi but i upgraded to the super 60 from quadstar i like the sound it makes at idle and is also great for the 6.5 and towing the 60 comes preset at 20psi

From what I've been told by john the super 54 is 100% holset. Its basically a hx35 with a 14cm gated turbine housing. He just didnt use an off the shelf turbo. Its put together his own combination of parts because there are a few different wheels available for the hx35.
Honestly; I was confused at first because Holset 50 series and PRO series do come in small turbine sizes too but the compressor is massive....I finally caught on to the custom build and nomenclature used to identify the turbo............"old age I suspect."

From what I've been told by john the super 54 is 100% holset. Its basically a hx35 with a 14cm gated turbine housing. He just didnt use an off the shelf turbo. Its put together his own combination of parts because there are a few different wheels available for the hx35.

This is all correct. There was never any big mystery around this turbo. We only concealed the details that make it out perform the Cummins HX configs and the knockoffs. It'll walk circles around the 52mm "HX40WII" or a generic HX35 swap. It's all brand new Holset parts except the comp wheel which was custom.

I have ID tags for them now if the new owner wants one.

This is all correct. There was never any big mystery around this turbo. We only concealed the details that make it out perform the Cummins HX configs and the knockoffs. It'll walk circles around the 52mm "HX40WII" or a generic HX35 swap. It's all brand new Holset parts except the comp wheel which was custom.

I have ID tags for them now if the new owner wants one.
I see in your sig you use a non-gated turbo w/blow off, big turbine or?

I see in your sig you use a non-gated turbo w/blow off, big turbine or?
We run that setup both with and without external gates since there isn't one solution for every single truck that fits the bill. That particular one has a JGS 40mm external gate and we do those turbos with multiple exhaust housings and turbine sizes now. I'll update the signature to 2019 status!

We run that setup both with and without external gates since there isn't one solution for every single truck that fits the bill. That particular one has a JGS 40mm external gate and we do those turbos with multiple exhaust housings and turbine sizes now. I'll update the signature to 2019 status!
Now that sounds good and has me interested too.................

@quadstar87
If you could give as many specs as possible about this turbo, it would help him sell it, and let more folks know about it for yours and Leroy’s sells of them.

I understand many folks don’t like to share all the specs, but if you would, please share what you will.
I already sold it waiting on the s60 to come in now i haven't had time to update this post but i will. Or may need to delete it

Back