• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Suburban E Brake Cable Bracket Mount Picture

nobby

Old Timey Diesel Guy
Reaction score
Hi,
Can somebody do me a favour and snap a picture of the bracket/cables located on the driver side forward rear spring mount on a late 90's Suburban. The E brake cables pass through and mount to this. I reconfigured this to a different cable setup for my rear disc conversion and am making changes again that require going back to the original cable set up. I know that given five minutes and scratching my head ill figure it out but an easily taken picture is worth a thousand words and all that.

Cheers
Nobby

@Wreckinball67 Thanks for that, slightly different to the burb but i get the jist. That is indeed a clean truck!

What brake set up are you running back there?

Cheers
Nobby

Stainless Steel Brake Corporation (SSBC) rear disc brake conversion.
To ak, yeah it's kinda of anemic in stock form, I have all the parts to make it into a "F" VIN setup just haven't got to it yet.

I have a 1998 K1500 (6.5 diesel), hope this helps.View attachment 62065View attachment 62066

Just reminding me that I still need to swap in the 14 bolt Full Floater from a GMT 800 with rear disc brakes to my son’s 1994 Suburban. This after replacing the injection pump, which was halted by Covid work from home. After replacing the stamped steel lower control arms with forged lower control arms. After replacing the cracked CB boots.

They don't. I have a 91/2" semi-float rear end.

Attachments

• 20200915_143433.jpg
    20200915_143433.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 4
Yeah, but I did not see a kit offered for the 14 bolt semi back when I did my conversion. Cannot find it on their website now either unless I'm going blind or something!

No matter I'm married to the TSM kit now anyways.

You are correct, I just ordered kit for the k1500 (which is what mine is) and slightly modified the brackets for the larger axle tubes.

Forehead palm slap, I keep forgetting that the pickups had the 6 lug option in the lighter duty.

Cheers
Nobby

Back