• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

stripped Rear Break Bleeder Help.

pgguru

Recruit
Reaction score
I replaced the Break lines to the back of my truck and I found that the bleeder on the drivers side was spun round by the previous owner. I tried to get it with a set of needle nose Vise grips but I cant get a hold of it.

Any one have any Idea besides dropping half of the axle? It is a tight fit between the 13' drums and the leaf springs.

I replaced the Break lines to the back of my truck and I found that the bleeder on the drivers side was spun round by the previous owner. I tried to get it with a set of needle nose Vise grips but I cant get a hold of it.

Any one have any Idea besides dropping half of the axle? It is a tight fit between the 13' drums and the leaf springs.

Take the wheel off and remove the wheel cyliner. Once you get it in a vise you can probably get it loose. Of course once you've gone that far why not just replace it?

I replace the Line to the rear Flex Line. I know if I try to remove the Rear Cylinder the lines on axle will be stuck to the tubes and break and they are a B!tch to make. And if I have the cylinders out I will just put new one in. I think there is a option for 1/16 inch bigger.

torches, and regular style visegrips....give it a shot....but be careful heating up the wheel cylinder...do NOT go cherry or your gonna get some mighty nasty surprises

torches, and regular style visegrips....give it a shot....but be careful heating up the wheel cylinder...do NOT go cherry or your gonna get some mighty nasty surprises

"Flame Thrower" comes to mind:holyshirt: Leo

less of a flame thrower, more of broken lines, popped cylinders, and burnt faces

I've got a nasty little scar as a reminder of a popped line on my arm. Rubber doesn't cool off as nearly as fast as you want it to.

You would think that burning through a shirt first would cool it down. :mad5: But it don't!

Back