• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Stiffer acceleartor pedal

Will

Boobies make me happy
Reaction score
This will not work on 06 and up trucks. That is a enclose unit.

One little things that has annoyed me about my truck is when ever I go over large bump or dip in the road is the pedal spring is to weak and I will end up "burping" the throttle. To remedy this problem I went to the local hardware store and bought a stiffer spring. The spring that I bought was 3/4" x 2 7/16' x .110

Here you can see a difference between the factory spring and the new stiffer spring. Factory spring is on top and the newer spring is on the bottom

picture.php

You will probably need a set of needle nose pliers to be able to bend the top hook on both the factory spring and the new spring. This makes it alot easier to remove and replace the springs. The top hook goes through a hole and the bottom hook fits in a groove on the side of the accelerator pedal.

Once the top hook is bent you can use the needle nose to pull the top
out of the hole. You might have to bend or twist the bottom hook a little to get it to slide out of the groove that it sets in.

When I replaced the spring I started at the top and put the top hook in first and then slid the bottom hook on. It slid one pretty easy but you might have to give it a little tug with the pliers.

New spring on(sorry for the blurry picture)

picture.php

Back