• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Spraying steering fluid out the pump, still.

Dang- serious fire hazard! 300 degree flashpoint, so dont ignore the leak and just refill.

Is it trying to purge air?
Where is it coming out?

It's hard to see in the picture but it Looks like it's leaking from the cap. Have you tried another cap to see if it helps anything

DANGER indeed, Will. My '76 IH had a tiny split develop on the high pressure PS line that sprayed onto the exhaust manifold; flamethrower. Fixed it with a new hose and heat shield. Glad I always keep fire extinguishers in all my vehicles. I miss that truck, never left me stuck. 10mpg uphill or down, towing full or empty.

Yes, from under the cap. I'll try another cap. Tomorrow I'm searching out an oil leak too. I expect something related to having the oil pump replaced. Knowing my luck, it's probably a rear main seal.

I also found two of the crank dampener bolts backed out, and the others loose. Not funny.
This crap keeps up, I'm renting a u-haul, getting moved, and buying a new long block and starting over.

When purging air from the hydraulic system, I`ll fill until I can just see the fluid in the reservoir, purge some more, add a little, repeat until no more foam then I fill just to the tip of the dipstick.
I dont like oil all over the place.
It does sound as if You had laready purged the air from the system and this is from a later occurance.

Back