• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Southern outlaw diesel event, Bradenton Fl Feb 23-25

I'm wanting to.. Don't know yet though.

I'm wanting to.. Don't know yet though.

You could always come down and see if Nick would let you stay at his place since he's less than 30 minutes from the track now(1 exit north just over the river). I'm just over an hour away from where I live, but I may have other commitments going on for the race that are out of my control(I'll know more later on today). Also there is another big race the end of March in Gainesville.

Yeah, there's back roads Ferman that one could zip down and get there in less than 15. Jeff, you should swing down.

Anyone on any other forums planning this trip?

I know that they are trying hard over at COMP D to get more people to go to it this year. Last year they focused entirely on the super stock, but that class seems to have fizzled quite a bit so they have opened this one up to pretty much anything and everything. I don't know if the guys from afterhours will be there again or not this year, I believe there was talk of a sled pull that weekend up in Ocala or someplace.

Heres a few links to comp d about it.
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123475
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125720

I will be in the Orlando/Kissimme area from Feb18th-26th(a.m.)

I'm interested...and I'll have my truck ...already broken in by then of course ;)

I will be in the Orlando/Kissimme area from Feb18th-26th(a.m.)

I'm interested...and I'll have my truck ...already broken in by then of course ;)

When your down we need to find some time to go tweak your truck and get all that baby has out of the race tune.

Well it's looking like they are trying o get a few exhibition cars in for this as well, so it may end up being bigger than last years race. I also asked about the possibility of some test and tune on Saturday, and he said he will try and work it in as he doesn't want to leave anybody out of this race.

The escalade crew will not be returning this year :( maybe next year we will have a truck to enter. and it will be friggen fast. plus i think ben is still nursing his hangover from that trip and we have to find a new car rental company.....

unless tim changed his mind they were complete assholes. hertz had a military discount program and they were refusing to let him take advantage of it. fought on the phone for quite a while until somebody higher up the food chain at hertz said ok. and believe me we paid for it...

the tentative plan for next year is to have tims truck enter, so we will be cramming into another truck and towing his down.

It looks like we are going to try for Thursdays nights test and tune at Bradenton, since Nick is off that day...

Only problem I have is I forgot to bring my helmet and am not sure what their track rules are...that may kill the whole thing for me to run...

It looks like we are going to try for Thursdays nights test and tune at Bradenton, since Nick is off that day...

Only problem I have is I forgot to bring my helmet and am not sure what their track rules are...that may kill the whole thing for me to run...

The test and tune is from 6-11 on THURSDAY night, and will be an all round test and tune for everybody. I still have my full face helmet from my racing days when I raced my rail(I'm not new to drag racing by any means).

Sounds good Ferman...:thumbsup:

Didn't want spend money on one when I have a perfectly good one at home...

I'm not 100% that I'm gonna make it. I gotta bring the GF to get surgery on thursday and drive her home when it's done and over with. Not sure how she's gonna feel about me dropping her off at the house and going right back out.

I hate not to make it though. You did drive 800 miles. The least I can do is drive 12.

I'm not 100% that I'm gonna make it. I gotta bring the GF to get surgery on thursday and drive her home when it's done and over with. Not sure how she's gonna feel about me dropping her off at the house and going right back out.

I hate not to make it though. You did drive 800 miles. The least I can do is drive 12.

Look at it this way, you'll find out just how much she cares for you.:D

I didn't take many pics as I'm not really a camera kind of guy. Here's the few I did take.

Heres a pic of the SCHEIDS top fuel diesel dragster. They had just done a 6.84 @ 202 MPH(unfortunately we missed it by less than 5 minutes, but they ran a 7.04 in the video above).
DSCF1782.jpg
Heres a few pics of Demitri Millards new drag truck. This is teh same engine that he dynod 1785HP with last year, but now he said he turned it up some more:eek:. Once he gets it to hook and shift right, it will be one WICKED truck.
DSCF1792.jpg
DSCF1791.jpg
DSCF1790.jpg
DSCF1789.jpg
Here's a few pics of the Honda Civic with a 6.4L powerstroke in it. Unfortunately they only made 1 pass and had problems during it and weren't ever able to get it straigtened out afterwards.
DSCF1787.jpg
DSCF1786.jpg
DSCF1785.jpg
DSCF1784.jpg
DSCF1783.jpg

Back