• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Smokin' deal!

tinypeckerwood

Reaction score
I called my local dealer today, to get some parts for one of our Sea-doo's. While I was on hold I was listening to there "specials". Well I will be getting two Yamaha Raptor 250's very shortly. I am getting an 08 Raptor 250 SE for 2625.00 and an 08 Raptor 250 for 2225.00. They actually only have one on hand, the other is at there other store. Both of these retail for right at 4000.00. I bought one about 10 mos ago for my wife and the kids are crazy about it. They are ready to move up this size now anyway. My son has been rippin' around on mom's since she got it. Daughter #2 will have to be learning how to clutch and shift. I am not looking forward to that! My son has it down pretty good, but we will see on my daughter. The middle kids are 10 and 11. I think my son will get moms hand me down. I have already done some "hop up" stuff to it. Mom will get the new Special Edition and daughter will get the regular stock new "rappy". I will be picking them up next week, and have to hide them till Christmas time or so.

It's all over but the cryin'. I pick them up next saturday. I am going to be the "cool dad"! I wish I had me for a dad, I'd be spoiled too!. Now I am going to have to figure out how to get 5 quads in the toyhauler, 4 fits perfect. I guess I will have to stand 2 of them up.

One in the back of your pickup? Unless the toy hauler is a 5th Wheel. Double trailer setup! Enjoy and be careful.

One in the back of your pickup? Unless the toy hauler is a 5th Wheel. Double trailer setup! Enjoy and be careful.

Nope no dice, I'm pullin' a 40' fifth wheel with a 12' garage in the back. I do pull doubles, but would like to avoid it, if I don't have to. My doubles set up puts me very close to legal length limit, at 73' long. I would rather avoid getting stopped and hassled by the coppers. I'm legal, but they will always try to find something.

Wow! That is long. Maybe a platform to put one on top of the other, like a nascar hauler, inside your trailer?

Nope no dice, I'm pullin' a 40' fifth wheel with a 12' garage in the back. I do pull doubles, but would like to avoid it, if I don't have to. My doubles set up puts me very close to legal length limit, at 73' long. I would rather avoid getting stopped and hassled by the coppers. I'm legal, but they will always try to find something.

make a hitchhauler for the smallest ATV to ride on the very back of the toyhauler.

make a hitchhauler for the smallest ATV to ride on the very back of the toyhauler.

That is the idea I have most been contimplating. I still may just stand two of them up on end and see if one will fit behind those two. The rear most quad would be a little suzuki LT 80. I would like to be able to get them all inside though. But we will see here shortly. The wife and I are going to take the new bikes out this weekend. We want to "break" them in properly before we hand them off to the kids.Besides, the kids are going camping in San Diego with the G-parents for a week. Yahooooo no kids for a week!

Alright, here's the first pics of the new quads. And one pic of what goes in the toyhauler, minus one, it is a Suzuki Lt 80.

Attachments

• bikes 003.jpg
    bikes 003.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 8
  • bikes 004.jpg
    bikes 004.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 10
  • bikes 002.jpg
    bikes 002.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 10
Nice toys!! A simple solution is to buy a bigger toy hauler :)

Not too many are bigger than the 40 footer I have. The problem lies in that I have a garage model. But we just took them all out for halloween and all fit well. I placed two flat on one side and two up and one flat on the other side. It worked like a charm! I'm hoping that I have a hitch rack built for our next trip, for the little quad.

Attachments

• Picture 309.jpg
    Picture 309.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 2
That is a really nice trailer. Wish they would make them so you could drive a skid loader up the back end. Lots of issues with inter-state equipment hauling and heavy trailers. No such requirements for rv type rigs. Of course, perhaps the better solution would be to get rid of the skid loader, and buy some toys to have a little fun. What's that thing weigh all loaded down?

Can you not put the little quad in front of the hitch in the bed?

It sure does look like it will fit. I have thought of doing that, just a few issues come to mind. I would have to take my hitch in and out to get the quad in and out = PIA. Or I would have to lift up and over the side of the truck. I am strong, but not that strong! It would take three guys to do it with out risk of damaging my favorite truck in the world. I think the hitch platform/rack is going to be the easiest solution, besides getting rid of one kid. I would never be able to decide on that route, it would/could change from minute to minute.

That is a really nice trailer. Wish they would make them so you could drive a skid loader up the back end. Lots of issues with inter-state equipment hauling and heavy trailers. No such requirements for rv type rigs. Of course, perhaps the better solution would be to get rid of the skid loader, and buy some toys to have a little fun. What's that thing weigh all loaded down?

I think a skid loader would fall through the floor, the package loaded and full of water goes about 25,000 or so. The GVW on the trailer is 17,500.

Back