• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Smoked a Buick

2010flhp

Reaction score
Around these parts the roads are 55mph and the Buicks are huge and driven slowly by the townfolk, often with high beams blaring even though it is not dark. Tonight was such a night. I have not needed my highbeams in a year (except to signal others to dim theirs) but these folks are addicted.

You can spot them a mile away, high beams being clicked on and off for oncoming traffic. I came up behind the same bronze Lesabre I see every evening, and slowed to 40 mph. Finally I had had enough. I stepped on the pedal and began to pass. The Buick sped up (for some reason they don't like to be passed) and was still beside me as I hit 60. I put my foot in it one more time and left the Buick in a cloud. It refused to dim its high beams and stuck to me like glue. At 70 they gave up, but kept the 'beams trained on me.

I easily outpaced the land yacht which dropped back to 40 in defeat. After I had gained a mile, I turned around, flashed the highbeams til the Buick dimmed theirs, and headed home.

Thanks! We should all do this more often. They aren't necessarily buicks but there are a lot of the 'types' around here.
They also like to block the left lane on the 4 lane highways too!

Only problem is: My old 6.5 would probably loose the race. :hihi:

I love giving people like that an earful of LSx music. Whether or not they try to accelerate, they have no chance of blocking me from passing. I'm way too fast, lol.

Sent from Behind the Pine Curtain

Around these parts the roads are 55mph and the Buicks are huge and driven slowly by the townfolk, often with high beams blaring even though it is not dark. Tonight was such a night. I have not needed my highbeams in a year (except to signal others to dim theirs) but these folks are addicted.

You can spot them a mile away, high beams being clicked on and off for oncoming traffic. I came up behind the same bronze Lesabre I see every evening, and slowed to 40 mph. Finally I had had enough. I stepped on the pedal and began to pass. The Buick sped up (for some reason they don't like to be passed) and was still beside me as I hit 60. I put my foot in it one more time and left the Buick in a cloud. It refused to dim its high beams and stuck to me like glue. At 70 they gave up, but kept the 'beams trained on me.

I easily outpaced the land yacht which dropped back to 40 in defeat. After I had gained a mile, I turned around, flashed the highbeams til the Buick dimmed theirs, and headed home.

After reading this, I still do not know what kind of vehicle you were driving. A 6.5? A Duramax? What vehicle were you driving?

Back