• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Slow Progress

Truck looks great. Those really bright mirrors sure grab attention. Like how it matches the bumper and wheels now.
Sucks about the finger- more “body work” in your future?
Hand dr stuck my upper half thumb back on. Doesn’t work right but kinda useable. I tend to drop things frequently now, but whacha gonna do, right?

I suggest southpaw shooting at the range for the next couple months. Good practice with the other hand, then later you have a good excuse for more shooting time come summer with that hand. But start with a small caliber- the vibration is stingy for a while.

I'm going to call the interior done. No, it's not factory, but coming up with original pieces in the proper colors (in good shape) is impossible. I have most of the plastic for the brown (minus dash and driver's door) if anyone is interested.

If you zoom in on the pic from the right front, you can see the arming button for the water/meth system under the climate control off button.IMG_20210116_161047474.jpgIMG_20210116_160756556.jpgIMG_20210116_160937395.jpg

Did You replace the overhead fabric ?
I am curious, if the overhead has a double layer steel. I have an overhead rifle rack I would like to install into My truck but do not want to drill through the roof.
You have done a very nice job on Your truck.
What caliber is them bullets ?

The headliner is from OC Autocarpets. It was backordered for 4 months. There are two crossmembers in the roof (one at the dome light), but most of it is single layer.

.45 Colt with 300gr wfn from Montana Bulletworks. They weigh 308-310gr with the gas check. Should be around 1200fps when my hand heals and I can chronograph them.

Back