• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Sled Pull Destruction

Probably disinformation. Someone probably spotted a bystander with some wild conservative content on his T-shirt, so they had to remove the video and the original poster is probably in facebook jail until the end of time.

Positive air valve... who needs one of those? Haha.

Y’all should have seen the glow in the dark 6.5s at the track! Usually ends with a bang!

I invented one of these in my mind today, when talking with a friend about this runaway. He had something similar happen to him a few years back on a new truck, while sitting in a parking lot. I had no idea they already existed. Mine wasn't as expensive and had a manual cable that came out under the dash, though.

Good call, Will. I would have had no idea what to have called it once I started selling them on the open market. Silly me... ...someone already beat me to it.

One of these seems like cheap insurance.
Hard to say what sort of money could be saved.

I suggest watching videos of it working, and if at all possible seeing in person.
A lot of the guillotine style units have issues- and the exposed blade style has issues with getting dirty, and not alw sealing well.

I've seen that truck pull in videos, and it is impressive. However, that guy has to be an idiot for not having a guillotine on it. Every diesel pulling tractor in every class except farm stock is mandated to have one at all of the pulls that I have gone to. That was a 6 figure oops.

I've seen that truck pull in videos, and it is impressive. However, that guy has to be an idiot for not having a guillotine on it. Every diesel pulling tractor in every class except farm stock is mandated to have one at all of the pulls that I have gone to. That was a 6 figure oops.
With the number of runaway diesel stories/videos out there, from sled pull trucks to the school bus that picks your kids up every day, you would think a PAS system would be standard oem equipment on all diesels by now, I mean it’s not like a runaway diesel could ever be a safety issue and kill people right?! Lol but yet the safety people freak out about other things that are hardly an issue

With the number of runaway diesel stories/videos out there, from sled pull trucks to the school bus that picks your kids up every day, you would think a PAS system would be standard oem equipment on all diesels by now, I mean it’s not like a runaway diesel could ever be a safety issue and kill people right?! Lol but yet the safety people freak out about other things that are hardly an issue
Yup, 100%.
And just a cable system that is low cost and no need for advanced electronics is really needed.

Back