• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Signal light flashes fast when turning left, no bulbs burnt out...

Mezmorized

Reaction score
Hi, I bought a 95 C2500 ECLB 6.5 Turbo 4L80E in May 2010. Since then the left signal light flashes fast. At the time, the tail lights were of the aftermarket clear variety. Thinking that may be the problem (and I don't like those tail lights) they were replaced with OE style tail lights. Problem was still there. I then picked up a flasher relay... Well, I can see there is a problem somewhere... The new relay I had tried in the place of the old one would blow fuses when I put the left signal on. The parts numbers were different but I don't think that's an issue. I have yet to pick up a relay with the same part number on it (sort of put the repair on the back burner) to see if that will cure it, but I doubt that.

Can anyone give me an idea on where to start diagnosing this problem? Or anyone had the same problem? There are no lights that are burnt, and none are on dim either.

Just in case... This truck is not equipped with air bags and is a Canadian vehicle, so it has daytime running lights.

Double check all the blinker bulbs. I had a wierd one a few years back, where the filiments on the blinker bulb looked perfect untill you turned the blinker on. When it tried to blink, the two filiments would bend and touch. When it cooled off, the filiment would return to it's normal spot.

This took me a while to figure out! Maddening problem, but a real cheap fix. Good luck and keep us posted.

Check all the signal bulbs on the left side. Heck, change em out while you're at it. Clean the sockets, check to make sure they're working right. Last time I had that issue it was a front bulb with a grungy socket, flashing both filaments

I agree... Clean all the sockets and install new bulbs all around. Much chaeaper than a ticket and safer than getting plowed into because the one bulb is weak and he didn't know you were turning.

Double check all the blinker bulbs. I had a wierd one a few years back, where the filiments on the blinker bulb looked perfect untill you turned the blinker on. When it tried to blink, the two filiments would bend and touch. When it cooled off, the filiment would return to it's normal spot.

This took me a while to figure out! Maddening problem, but a real cheap fix. Good luck and keep us posted.

Similar problem I had on my Jeep. Taillight filament looked good, even tested good for continuity with my meter. Finally realized the filament was cracked on one side so only the vibration of driving would keep it from working.

Ok, on my 95 they were 1157NA's. One was half black! I changed both of them anyway and it flashes normal now :) I also changed the other side too :)

Outstanding .. I love it when a plan comes together!

han1.jpeg

Great Diagnosis, Gerald!

A few cheap bulbs, and Mezmorized is back in business!

Outstanding .. I love it when a plan comes together!

View attachment 26871

Great Diagnosis, Gerald!

A few cheap bulbs, and Mezmorized is back in business!

Did not recognize you without the underwear over your head/face... oh, wait a minute, that's what's his face...

I was going to suggest moving the left side bulbs to the right and vice versa to see if the symptoms move, too... would have ID'd the half-burnt-out bulb then...

Franko914 said:
I was going to suggest moving the left side bulbs to the right and vice versa to see if the symptoms move, too... would have ID'd the half-burnt-out bulb then...

Blonde: "Great. I get one side fixed, and now the OTHER side is acting up!" :D

Blonde: "Great. I get one side fixed, and now the OTHER side is acting up!" :D

Blonde spotting for driver if blinkers are working: "Yes, it's working! No, it's not... Yes, it's working! No, it's not... Yes, it's working! No, it's not..."

Back