• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

sierra 3500 ABS light

tammlyn

Reaction score
high guys its nice to be back, health kept me in the dark,anyway on my way to town this morning my dually has an ABS light,and red light next to it on,and service brake message i may have a bad bearing witch i will look at it later on but does anyone know of a descent code reader that will do ABS clear,and any idea what else might be wrong,thanks mike,i also had a funeral this week my wife's envoy had a dreaded ramdon engine misfire ,bad valves so its retired i don't want to fix it anymore she now drives a 2013 hundai santa fe with no bombs under as its from south korea and not the north i'm sorry but i finnaly gave in and we will try an import thanks mike

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure in Canada, but some AUTOZONES and ADVANCE autos have ABS code readers for OBD2 trucks. Otherwise ACTRON makes some affordeable code readers that do ABS.

Could very well be the pickup needs cleaning or the connector. Common problem on northern "salted" trucks

i was wondering if i disconnect the plug that goes down to the bearing is this circuit down to the bearing a normally open or is it a normaly closed circuit thanks

hi btfarm i checked the connectors they are ok where is the pickup located thanks mike
Down by the bearing hub. Pull the wheel and trace the cable you should be able to get to it. Hit it with some compressed air.

i was wondering if i disconnect the plug that goes down to the bearing is this circuit down to the bearing a normally open or is it a normaly closed circuit thanks
Not sure how the circuit works but without feedback (disconnecting it), I believe the error code will be constant.

so i check the grouds as in the gm service bullitin and the one under the door wich grounds your ebcu and it was bad,but it did not solve my problem if anybody has any idea how to conform its the control module before i replace it as its fairly expensive thanks mike

Do you mean U0141? The explanations on codes are in the tabs above as "DTC's"

Reset the codes and see if it goes away.

Don't throw parts at it as your wallet will be lighter with the same problem.

If btfarm has you as dyslexic: U0141 Lost Comm With Body Ctrl Mod A

Grounds, fuses, and positive connections would be next. Also load test both batteries. I recommend adding a ground strap from the frame to the engine and the body to the engine. The ground straps help as GM's are just bad design.

When you fixed the ground was the wire corroded where the corrosion may be under the insulation?

Suspect GM's ignition switches for bad contacts and brownout of computer circuits. GM's ignition switches were known to fail around these 2006 years just like the 6.5 OPS fails the lift pump. A bad switch causes all kinds of malfunctions and false codes. (The contacts burn and cause high resistance.) One way to tell is read ECM voltages. Several contacts in the switch so this is not a bulletproof test.

There is a post with the code u1041 with other issues and the ignition switch being replaced fixed it.

when i checked the grounds the one under the door was bad and yes i already had added an extra right to the battery,i tried to clear it ,it wouldn't let me, it u0141,the scanner told me to check lives and grounds,i will load test the batteries but i dought there bad as everything in the truck works fine it shound't be to hard to check the ign. switch,next week i will be in the toronto does anybody know of a place that can help me with this problem i do wan't to fix it but i don't want a parts changer these parts are expensive thanks mike

hi warwagon i tried looking for the post,do you have any idea where it is thanks mike

Again, if you don't provide enough power to a computer it fails. A brownout to a computer has it reading "1"'s as "0"'s. All kinds of weirdness happens including false codes and non-operation of things. I had a 2007 Trailblazer SS lemon that had the switch start to go out. Dealer could not find it. I paid to have it replaced under warranty and then tore it apart. The burnt contacts on the service manger's desk got the repair paid under warranty.

In other words check grounds and if they are good then check power (positive) connections. The ignition switch is part of the positive path.

Extra ground straps from the frame and body to the engine aka big 3 help with GM's cheap ass unreliable ground systems.

Troubleshooting guide:
http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/58175-trouble-codes-u1026-and-u1041/

Trailblazer with same code and ign switch. Troubleshooting including frame ground and frame to battery/engine ground issues.
http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50860

Ref ignition switch pickup. This site sucks!
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63...4-5-2005-lly/61100-u1041-ignition-switch.html

Back