• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Setup Questions

saturntech95

Reaction score
Seeing as I have a 6.5 the only chance I have at being mildly competitive is if my setup is perfect. So far here is what I found in the last pull I did: My back end drops too much, front end lifts too much, both front tires dont grab, my truck shifts into 3rd too early.

So here is what I am thinking for my next attempt, see what you guys think on all this and feel free to add advice causr altho it is only a 6.5 im sure all the same setup tricks from a Dmax will work. My class does not run weight brackets but just about everything else goes.

1. Blocks for the rear end. Easy enough to make and install at the track. I know most say to run ladder bars with stops. How bad can it be tho?
2. Now I was thinking of rachet staping the front down but I heard that amplifies the hop so herd is my new idea. With the front end completely slammed make some either blocks or bushings that fit between the upper control arm and the control arm stop.
3. Im thinking if I get some extra cash come pull time Ill put a Lockrite in the front diff. Then so I will still be able to use my 4x4 in the snow Ill re wire the front actuator so I can unlock it for a normal 4x4 operation.
4. I know everywhere I have read says to pull in drive and let the truck do the work but I think Im gonna try holding it in second.

Any input is welcome...

Have you read the thread on spring clamps? I have no exp. with them but they may help to keep the rear up.

If you block the rear,I would at least use the spring clamps.Bars are better.The reason is,when you you block the rear it provides a pivot point.It makes the rear end axle wrap.Which makes it eat the rear u-joint.You don't want that coming out at half track.

Most guys just back off the torsion bars(all the way)Not sure on limiting front end travel.(some do,some don't)
I would keep it in 2nd.gotta keep the rpms up.
Also with the rear blocked don't let to much air out of the rear tires.50rear 30 front is a good place to start.I run my fronts a bit higher,but what ever works.

Back