• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Setting TDCO without buying software

Quadstar Tuning LLC

Quadstar Tuning LLC
Reaction score
Time to let the cat out of the bag!

I've been working on this for awhile and finally got a prototype working. My end goal is to develop as many of the mode $04 factory diagnostic commands out in TunerPro-RT (freeware).

Ever since I had to buy the software when replacing my IP last year, I decided to make this my (%*^&. This will be for 94-95 only unless I get an ODB2 truck to play with:

So far, I have working:
-STS lamp enable
-STS lamp disable
-TDCO Learn command
-Time Set command
-Override idle speed
-Clear ECM codes
-Clear TCM codes
-Exit Test mode

Teaser vid for STS lamp test:

Reactions: NVW
cool so for those of us that don't know anything about tuner pro can you tell us more about it? In your vid it's the newer style dash and your sig says you have a 94?

Tunerpro is the free open software that is used for tuning. Its a do it yourself type of software where you write your own code to make it do what you want.

Tunerpro is the free open software that is used for tuning. Its a do it yourself type of software where you write your own code to make it do what you want.

Correct, it's for tuning for the most part but this piece is just building commands that can be sent to the truck for diagnostics purposes. Kind of like using a GM tool such as a TECHI, but it's on your laptop with a USB or Serial cable connected to the truck. I'll get more details up on how to use it once I do more testing on my truck.

Back