• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Service throttle soon light

khills

Reaction score
98 GMC 2500 HD 6.5 diesel. So I accelerate off of a light and before I get through the intersection the service throttle light comes on and truck loses power big time until it revs up a bit. I'm changing the app this weekend hoping that's what it is from what I've read so we'll see. Anyone have experience with this.

New parts don't mean good parts. Without pulling codes and asking the ECM exactly what it's complaining about: you may be swapping out a good part. Pull codes before doing any work on it! You pull the connector for the APP and it may trip a code that wasn't there before. You have a light: it WILL have a code unless the ECM has other problems like no mem power or bad memory.

Also these ECM's stay powered for 30 seconds after key off. You key it back on too early and the bulb check for the STS and SES are random. Further this off/on too quickly can trip a "ghost" code for the damn APP. At least on the 1995 and who knows if GM ever fixed it. There are two connectors for the APP: one at the APP and then another one about 1' from the ECM buried in the dash.

If I recall correctly it's replace ECM first then APP. But the APP does fail so again pull codes.

Generally it's a bad ground. Followed by air in fuel and/or a bad lift pump. Yes, I went a few rounds with the &%$#& ghost code due to a kink in a fuel line that took a long time to find. Bluntly before you buy a spare PMD and a new APP consider how cheap and reliable a DB2 conversion is. I am NOT KIDDING!

The above info is on point.
I believe you have a couple of threads going right now. Putting all the info on one thread is best so we can see all info together.
I suggest pick one and close the other.

the sensor on the pedal contains three variable resistors, when the pedal is pressed, the output voltage changes, but the resistor is different for all.
the video contains the value of these voltages depending on the percentage of pedal depression.

app.jpg

Back