• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

SAC45 Tuning

wirewrangler

Electron coaxer
Reaction score
Hey Everybody!

Earlier this month, I installed a second set of injectors in the truck (2003 GMC Sierra 3500 4x4). It's got 146k on it. I had the first set replaced at 84,000 probably a decade ago now and they've were hazing for quite a while. I can't stand that crap, she needs to run clean... While I had it apart, I put a different Y Bridge on it, took some other stuff off that connected the exhaust to the intake, replaced the passenger side up pipe, PPE down pipe, Wicked Wheel, Fleece Mouthpiece, Volant COI with Power Core, lightened up the cat, tap shifter, high idle, DSP5, and added a second alternator. While the turbo was out, I replaced the firewall blanket as well. What a job. Ended up talking a guy out of his top side creeper - what a life saver. I got the truck fired up on the tuning that I've been running for many moons and I think I drove it 5 miles; runs good but it smokes of course.

Years ago, right before the first set of injectors were replaced, I put the nicktane adaptor on with a 1 micron, added a JK lift pump and another filter; Donaldson 3 micron at the back of the truck. I ran Stanadyne religiously.

Plan A is I have complimentary tuning coming. The longer this stretches on, the less confident I am in this deal. Plan B, I reach out to the guy that did my tuning many moons ago and see if he'll do it. Plan C; I own a V2... I got it thinking someday, if I had to, I could muddle through and maybe tune and in the mean time, it works as a diagnostic tool.

So I've been reading, and reading, and reading and dabbling with a stock LLY tune open and my tune open copying and pasting some of the tables that seem to be the ones I think are being referred to in the forum posts I've been reading. I've been looking at mostly posts from a guy with a suburban; rhymes with terminator...

The more I dig into this, the more I'd like to give this a go so my question is:

Am I going to hurt the engine starting off pasting tables straight from an LLY into my tune granted I'm copying from the correct tables that correlate with the LB7?

I'll leave it at that for now although I'll take any and all advice on the matter.

Thanks

Probably wont get too many responses. Most folks that USED to do any tuning got scared out after EPA crackdown and a lot of fines was issued.
So, welcome to the forum and maybe someone might chime in and give some hints.

It more then likely will not hurt the engine but it will not run right. I would not use it as a starting point either. I would pull the stock file and change that after you make a back up of it of course. They do not have the same tables and timing is not the same either. If you have time send me both the files and Ill take care of it. I'm used to Dynomite injectors but I have some flow rates for others. Also if you have a flashscan VS and are not using it anymore I'd like to make you an offer on it.

Back