• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Rims

I used to be part owner of a company that up fitted and up armored vehicles for various govt agencies.
What you are asking for is not going to happen. Simple ar plate that was bolted to a hmmwv is required to be destroyed, not sold with the hmmwv when it goes to auction. Stacks of federal laws to ensure that doesn’t happen.

Depending what you are trying to accomplish, I might be able to direct you. Are you after the look of those rims, or functionality?
If function, what class rating are you after and how much have you built up the axles/ suspension already?

I used to be part owner of a company that up fitted and up armored vehicles for various govt agencies.
What you are asking for is not going to happen. Simple ar plate that was bolted to a hmmwv is required to be destroyed, not sold with the hmmwv when it goes to auction. Stacks of federal laws to ensure that doesn’t happen.

Depending what you are trying to accomplish, I might be able to direct you. Are you after the look of those rims, or functionality?
If function, what class rating are you after and how much have you built up the axles/ suspension already?
I'm after the look of the rims the ones that Trump had on his suburban, I'm buying a 3500 single axle Duramax 2021 has soon as I can order one

Yeah....
I hope you are very wealthy if serious. They don’t even tell what those rims are rated as, but I would have to say 7+.

For perspective, good set of class 4 rims runs around $55,000 -$65,000 a couple years ago
You can’t run normal tires on them. Solid core runflats, and load range G. You will rip apart the front steering and suspension if left stock and actually ran class 4. So the LOOKS...

For years now, Boyd Coddington Wheels is about the best for doing one off rims when copying a look and not infringing on the patents. Give them a call is my best suggestion. Probably inly in the $10k -$15k range then.

Also, from what I saw it won’t be any suburban dmax - but the tahoe dmax should be available. Hope I am wrong though about that.

Yeah....
I hope you are very wealthy if serious. They don’t even tell what those rims are rated as, but I would have to say 7+.

For perspective, good set of class 4 rims runs around $55,000 -$65,000 a couple years ago
You can’t run normal tires on them. Solid core runflats, and load range G. You will rip apart the front steering and suspension if left stock and actually ran class 4. So the LOOKS...

For years now, Boyd Coddington Wheels is about the best for doing one off rims when copying a look and not infringing on the patents. Give them a call is my best suggestion. Probably inly in the $10k -$15k range then.

Also, from what I saw it won’t be any suburban dmax - but the tahoe dmax should be available. Hope I am wrong though about that.
Thank you very much

The burbs we build don't get a wheel change only tires and solid run flats, The Toyota LC 200's do get heavy wheels.. These burbs are the last for gov use, they are 2019 model 3500's with major chassis mods for the weight ( 15K ) , the engineer said the stock wheels are rated for the weight already...

Yeah, suburbans and 1 tons- the only reason to out the rims is opinion of appearance, or withstanding class 4 and up.
Hilariously my 12 bolts are class 4. It’s fun changing a 165 lbs tire in the middle of nowhere. Then changing my tires at 30,000 miles or less because no tire shops will touch them. Custom built tools make it easier. Anyone that ever want to play with hmmwv rims- lmk because there is some tricks to knock hours of labor off while keeping skin on your knuckles for a change! Haha

Hutchinson is an experience to work with many should try at least once in their life. So is getting metal shard removed from your eye, getting shot in the leg by an ak ricochet, and having a knife stuck threw your hand. They all leave a memory of the experience and is fun story time around the campfire.

The metal shards from eye I have dealt with many times. Wearing my regular glasses, safety glasses over those and a face shield for added insurance, aaaand, my eyes is a metal magnets. It dont matter what or how I try, steel gets sucked right into there. 😳😵‍💫😩😹😹😹

The metal shards from eye I have dealt with many times. Wearing my regular glasses, safety glasses over those and a face shield for added insurance, aaaand, my eyes is a metal magnets. It dont matter what or how I try, steel gets sucked right into there. 😳😵‍💫😩😹😹😹
Could that be because that steel plate in your head somehow became magnetized?🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Back