• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

RIGHT REAR BRAKE LIGHT

MrMarty51

Reaction score
I have done a lot of diagnosing on the brake lamp failure for the 2000 K3500.
A bad connection in the under hood brake lamp fuse got the left side brake lamp to working.
The tail lamps circuit boards were bad so I replaced those with new units.
Now the problem is only the right side brake lamp will not illuminate.
I have tested for voltage at the back left side connector, nothing, moved to the firewall and shamefully probed the wire just outside the connector, applied some anticorrosion compound and taped it up.
Moved to the haeness plug below the steering column and there is no illumination to the test light at the TS connector.
I am now guessing it is time for a new TS multifunction switch.
What do You all think ?

Only wire that was not tested was between the TS connector under the steer column and the signal switch itself.
I could pull the column apart and test the wiring and connections within, but, I`d rather not do that until I have a new turn signal switch in hand.

Should just replace the TS switch anyway, the four way flasher switch has never been right, have to hold it to the on position or else it just forces back to off.

Problem solved, at least for now. Just now tried the right turn signal, it flashed, stepped on the braking pedal, left brake lamp illumimated, turned on left turn signal, right side brake lamp was working. turned off turn signals and both brake lamps still functioning.
Strange days indeed, most peculiar Momma. o_O:) LOL

Back