• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

remanufactured 4l80e on a 1993 2500 chevrolet diesel 6.5 pickup

roger bunch

Reaction score
my truck ran good for a few months untill it started a small leak then i put some fluid in and the next day it would not move at all so i had it towed back to the auto shop and they have no idea they said the clutches are gone its ben all up graded to last longer

yes it is but its ben in there for a month the guy said he is busy and will get it when he is not busy i paid him a lot of money to fix and now this crap its not good

It is common when a place messes up to put the free work on the back burner.
You being patient if they are a busy shop is good because you want them to take their time and do it right.

But there comes a point when you have to go from understanding customer to a nightmare for him to be willing to sink thousands into it to ensure it is perfect and out of his way.

But 1 month of waiting after it failed—— I would be trying to get the local news person in their with a camera to get them on it right away and make sure it gets done right this time.

Better business bureau really doesn’t do any good most places, but find out about business license division and how to
that avenue.

wicked wrench in dog town is putting me on the back burner because no money from me

I doubt it. Maybe you haven't tried to get something else done in the last 6 months? Parts are delayed at least one month on damn near everything. You don't dare even Lemon Law a new vehicle because there isn't much to replace it with now. Even a stupid simple dealer "oil change" requires an appointment a week out at this time. Unless you got one of the new GM 3.0L diesels :vomit: where oil filters were out of stock for one month. My GM dealer just got some in...

You can drop in and ask what the hold up is. Also as it's warranty you can ask about a loaner or rental reimbursement. Oh yeah, good luck as people are renting U-Haul trucks because there are no rental cars available at times, now.

Just saying had an RV in the shop all dammed summer as well as a 2020 new vehicle - all waiting on parts. o_O At least the 2020 had a loaner vehicle provided.

Yeah- @WarWagon has a very valid point, parts are hard to get with everyone on unemployment and can’t find people to work.

You said the shop “wicked wrench” sent the transmission to a tranny shop... try to find out what tranny shop. Stop by and ask that trans shop how long it would take for a rebuild of your type transmission as if new customer. Then tell them they have yours from “wicked” and wondering when it will be done.

Always a good idea to talk to or better yet work directly with the trans shop directly. They might recommend a few things while you have it there but other shop does mark up so you hear a $100 option but trans shop only charges $75. Multiple that profit with 5-6 upgrades.
Then maybe “wicked” shop disagrees with something recommended by transmission shop so you never hear the option.

You finding out right now from actual trans shop if “wicked” didn’t flush cooling lines or didn’t replace tc when recommended. So maybe trans shop messed up, or maybe they are good. Until you hear who messed up from both sides- you don’t know if both shops are garbage or just one place made a mistake or what. Bring that up to transmission shop.

To get name of trans shop from wicked- maybe you just say “What is name of trans shop so you know to not use them in future if mistake was not that of wicked”

I bought the last can of ether starting fluid from the oreillys parts store over here.
I asked the manager if that is going to be a hard to get item, he said he did not know when they would be able to get more. Said they have been ordering them all along and can not get the stuff, along with a whole bunch of other items.
Fluid is not for the 6.5, figured I better clarify that. 😹😹😹

Did the shop rebuild YOUR trans, or did they give you an exchange unit. I would venture to say 80% of the 4l80e builders don't know that 91-93 has differences vs 94+. We had a GM engineer that worked on the 4l80e design come in here and even he didn't know about the functionality differences between 91-93 and 94+. Swapping in a 94+ into a 91-93 can have bad results like you experienced.

Yeah- @WarWagon has a very valid point, parts are hard to get with everyone on unemployment and can’t find people to work.

You said the shop “wicked wrench” sent the transmission to a tranny shop... try to find out what tranny shop. Stop by and ask that trans shop how long it would take for a rebuild of your type transmission as if new customer. Then tell them they have yours from “wicked” and wondering when it will be done.

Always a good idea to talk to or better yet work directly with the trans shop directly. They might recommend a few things while you have it there but other shop does mark up so you hear a $100 option but trans shop only charges $75. Multiple that profit with 5-6 upgrades.
Then maybe “wicked” shop disagrees with something recommended by transmission shop so you never hear the option.

You finding out right now from actual trans shop if “wicked” didn’t flush cooling lines or didn’t replace tc when recommended. So maybe trans shop messed up, or maybe they are good. Until you hear who messed up from both sides- you don’t know if both shops are garbage or just one place made a mistake or what. Bring that up to transmission shop.

To get name of trans shop from wicked- maybe you just say “What is name of trans shop so you know to not use them in future if mistake was not that of wicked”
that would be good if they would pull the tranny and send it to them but they have not pulled it yet
Did the shop rebuild YOUR trans, or did they give you an exchange unit. I would venture to say 80% of the 4l80e builders don't know that 91-93 has differences vs 94+. We had a GM engineer that worked on the 4l80e design come in here and even he didn't know about the functionality differences between 91-93 and 94+. Swapping in a 94+ into a 91-93 can have bad results like you experienced.
not sure what was said between wicked and the tranny shop . wicked told me they do an upgrade so its not the same tranny all new every thing plus the upgrade thats all i know but my truck is still sitting waiting for wicked to pull and get a new one or fix that one

they gave me a remanufactured on and kept mine

not sure what they are doing but he has never pulled my tranny and sent it to them to look at so i guess i have to wait it out or take him to court to get my money back

could be what has happened but im not sure wicked sent it to a shop from out of town he said they warranty for three years but he never pulled my tranny out yet to send it in to them

Back