• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

rebuilt 4L80E

1991WorkTruck

Reaction score
shop rebuilt 4L80E for my K3500. However, over 60mph the tcc locks and unlocks. shop said its external to trans. there scan points to erratic rpm. distributor seems snug and replaced tps. truck still in and out of lock up over 60mph. any thoughts?

shop gave me a service bulletin about distributor bushing and the attached scans. put new ignition module in distributor and had no fire condition. put old module in and started right up. now leaning to a faulty distributor.

Attachments

• IMGP0003.JPG
    IMGP0003.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMGP0004.JPG
    IMGP0004.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 4
Welcome to the forum. @1991WorkTruck it's very possible you may have a bad distributor. a worn bushing can cause a lot of issue. If you pull the cap off and grab hold of the rotor, try to move it side to side in all directions. it should not have any play or wobble feel to it.

check on Rockauto.com to see if you can get one at a good price. they are an authorized AC Delco seller and I would recommend that brand or GM genuine parts for this. getting aftermarket can hurt later down the road. look on @RockAutoLLC vendor page here for a 5% discount code to use.

Back