• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Random question and ,BTW, I hate you bastards!

restoguy

Reaction score
You ever been that kid that is always picked last or the guy who's friends always ditch him? Well I've been over at the 'Page' and the 'Place' for quite a few years and I didn't find this place until just earlier this week! I don't know what to think! I feel like I've missed out on so much! 300+RWHP 6.5L! People talk about the ATT freely without speaking in code, so I actually know what's going on! ChicagoTDP's rig is BLUE!!(I just watched one of his vid's on my computer the other day, dreaming about what it must be like to have a pickup like that) Why didn't anyone tell me? Am I 'that guy' on here? I thought I was "so much cooler online".(isn't that how the song goes?) Guess I just can't escape it. OK, ok, just kidding. I did hear rumors about people moving to another site some time back, but I never found it. I also noticed that a lot of people had disappeared from the other sites, but I just attributed it to people trading the ol' 6.5L in for something newer/better. I don't hate anyone, and you don't have to invite me to your birthday party, just don't leave me at the Dairy Queen with the junior high kids again, OK?! It's like I'm a newbie all over again.

Now for my random question. Has anyone ever tried, succesufully or not, to put a center mount turbo engine in a pickup? Just curious. Thoughts?

Off to fill out my sig...again.:sad2:

Last edited:
:iagree:

Now that's some funny stuff right there!

I had to do the same thing, speak in code at the place and finally got someone that knew what I was asking for and PM'd this site.....last I heard, nobody's seen him since.

Welcome aboard.

ATT, ATT ,ATT ...say it with me boys A Team Turbo!.....

...wish I had one.....

oh, and by center mount are you talking about like a powersmoke or duramax?

Smitty

Who told you about this site? How did you get in without the secret handshake?

Sheesh....

lol...

This site isn't run by 'kids without a clue'...you'll enjoy it here much better.

oh, and by center mount are you talking about like a powersmoke or duramax?

Smitty

Yes, or more specifically 'van/hummer' style engine. The other V8's use a center mount, but they were designed that way. Can it be done with our trucks? I know that a couple people have put Dmaxes in the GMT400 so I thought......did I hear someone say 'twins'?....6.4L PS takeoff's....

Good to have ya here.

These 6.5 Guys here really know their stuff, and will help you to keep your Truck Running the Best it can.

Sheesh... we thought you didn't come over because you were scared of the dark...

Goodtaseeya!

:mad2: DOH! and I thought I was slow on the uptake ):h

Sorry bout that,,

#1 member of the Member #142nd member club,,,:confused:

Yes, or more specifically 'van/hummer' style engine. The other V8's use a center mount, but they were designed that way. Can it be done with our trucks? I know that a couple people have put Dmaxes in the GMT400 so I thought......did I hear someone say 'twins'?....6.4L PS takeoff's....

Well I be one of them guys who has a center mount turbo, but it's on an LB7 DURAMAX squeezed into my GMT-400 BURB. The van/hummer turbo I would think would be pretty tight in stock form as the back of the engine rests pretty tightly against the firewall in these trucks. The DMAX fits because there isn't as many accesories sticking way out up front so the engine is actually moved forward almost 3 inches IIRC, plu it has the #1 cylinder on the passenger side to change the offset so that the downpipe can fit in there. Anything's possible though, I think my BURB proves that. And welcome to the dark side, I know I tried to PM several over at DP about the switch over, but it became like sending links to the place over there for awhile.

This is the BEST site you will ever find, way better then over there! Damn glad to have you here! :)

There was a thread either here or over there that was from australlia that had a right hand steer suburban that had the van-hummer style center mount turbo. It had to have that for the steering shaft to clear. So I would have to say it would fit if gm put them in.Oh, and welcome

Back