• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

question on trailer wiring

tammlyn

Reaction score
does anyone know what fuse powers the live feed for the trailer plug i must be blind i cannot seem to find the fuse that controls this feed wire to supply the fifth wheel when youre plugged in to the truck thanks mike

There should be a large fuse (pal type) that goes in the underhood electrical center. It will be marked post #1 or post #2. Some models did not have the ring terminal connected from the factory. On my 05 I had to remove the cover of the underhood center, unravel the tape on the wire bundle and find the ring terminal, then install it on the post and insert the fuse. The fuse for my 05 was taped to the harness supplied for the brake controller, IIRC it said which post to install it for.

thanks guys i had to install terminal and fuse it was in the harness as you said,probably built on a monday,i finaly had a chance to tow my new fifth wheel its not that heavy but it still weighs 8500 dry and wow what a pleasure to tow with compared to my old 6.t thanks guys

thanks guys i had to install terminal and fuse it was in the harness as you said,probably built on a monday,i finaly had a chance to tow my new fifth wheel its not that heavy but it still weighs 8500 dry and wow what a pleasure to tow with compared to my old 6.t thanks guys

I have seen them both ways, connected or taped to the loom. Not sure why they didnt just hook them all up.

Back