• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

question of the day

bigBOOST

Reaction score
I am going to be ordering exhaust in the next few days and am about to go crazy on what to pick.

5in turbo back vs 4in turbo back duals

Any reason to choose either one?

I just cant make up my mind!!! What do yall think?

i personally say go 5" i was worried about it being too loud but now i want it louder lol

see thats what im talkin about!! hahaha two answers and they are both different!

hell i might just flip a coin.

i do love loud though, so a 5in might be in order!

I still stand by what I've been told by the guys in the industry...5" isn't necessary unless you are pushing over 500hp...4" will be good and if you want it loud, do a turbo back with no muffler...

im not gonna start a big discussion on this but i know alot of people with 5" exhaust's that run both stock and well over 500hp and i would say for the most part you will be fine if you arent running 500hp ive ran the truck on stock just to see how it would be and it felt fine to me, and personally i think these trucks have enough low end so i would rather gain more mid to top end, but i think you will be happy with what ever you choose go on you tube and listen to sound clips

Go duals so when you race a GOAT you can smoke 'em out on either side:D.

5'' exhaust looks good, it's all up to what you want! :)

I faced the same delema back when I was going to do my exhaust. my final decision was its a diesel. it needs to be 1 big ass pipe. so 5" it became with a 6 inch tip

not trying to get off topic but big boost how the hell did you get over 100k on tetris in 5 minutes lol

It's too bad Nor-Cal Nick isn't over here ! I got my 5 inch thru him at a pretty good price.

4" turbo back. If you really want it loud, leave the muffler off. 5" is technically overkill, but hey... it's your money!

While a 5" exhaust isnt ever necessary on our trucks, even at over 800hp, it still is an option, it provides a unique sound and just looks big.

As for looks a 4" exhaust is only a half inch bigger than the factory exhaust therefore it barely looks bigger.

Im the kind of guy that says stay with a single exhaust on a diesel. But thats just my preference. Plus theyre cheaper.

just my .02

Also remember. Most aftermarket aluminized exhausts dont equal up to the quality of the stock alumized finish so over time they may accumulate surface rust.

T409 stainless will also rust overtime.

304 will never rust but is very expensive.

While a 5" exhaust isnt ever necessary on our trucks, even at over 800hp, it still is an option, it provides a unique sound and just looks big.

As for looks a 4" exhaust is only a half inch bigger than the factory exhaust therefore it barely looks bigger.

Im the kind of guy that says stay with a single exhaust on a diesel. But thats just my preference. Plus theyre cheaper.

just my .02

The 5" exhaust tip, along with the 4" exhaust makes it look dramatically larger than stock. Hard to imagine that the extra 1/2" makes that much difference. Then again... there is the missing cat, the flow-through muffler, etc... :eyebrows:

something throwing me from the 5in is that i dont know if a 6in tip will look tooo big.

I want it to be about as loud as possible so a muffler will not be used, nor a kitty

Back