• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Question about vacuum lines after vacuum delete

Jaryd

Extremely Deplorable
Reaction score
The truck is a 2000 with a turbo master on it from previous owner but still has the vac pump still running with the belt. The Black hose has been plugged and as I was looking at it yesterday I broke the orange hose.
I was planning on taking the pump completely off and use the shorter belt but what do y'all do with the hoses? Can I just unplug them or is there something else that you do. I figured it would throw a code if I just unplugged it.
I've looked around on the site but can't find the answer. This is absolutely a awesome forum for 6.5ers and there are some heroes on this site.
Sorry for the long post

Do you remember if you had to plug the sensor where the hoses hooked up to it.

Thanks. I'll do that when I get home to the truck this evening.
This place is way more helpful than a parts store ever will be.

Do you remember if you had to plug the sensor where the hoses hooked up to it.
F engine, there will be 1 of those mounted on the bracket on the driver rear of the intake manifold. Those are not sensors, they are vacuum solenoids and do not matter once you delete the vacuum pump.

F engine, there will be 1 of those mounted on the bracket on the driver rear of the intake manifold. Those are not sensors, they are vacuum solenoids and do not matter once you delete the vacuum pump.

But the electrical connector has to be connected.
Both vacuum lines can be disconnected.

Thanks for the help. My First diesel other than tractors and I love it

Welcome to your new addiction...
6 months from now you'll be turning the key waiting to start in gasoline cars...

I'm so used to pushing the clutch in in my other truck that I keep catching myself doing it in this truck at start up and red lights sometimes. I have caught myself waiting to crank my wife's car already. It's funny how that happens.

Back