• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pump Rub Fix, which is best????

RI Chevy Silveradoman

At your service
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
I know this has been beat to death on other forums, but what fix is best for the pump rub fix? Long term wise, I am just looking to see from our members here, which fix is best, or to see if one fix is better than the other. I thank you for your input in advance.

Jeff, if this is still in the preventive maintenance stage I would just get the $50.00 wear plate that is being sold and install it. At this point you don't need anything fancy....

Is that what you have Bill? Basically the plate or the Merchant fix. They are the only two I know of. I am still in the prevent stage.

I don't have either yet. hopefully the plate will be all I need when I get to it. I have read good things about the plate. The other fix seems to be overkill and a ton more $$$$$...

I went with the plate from KENNEDY as he had the better price on it when I got mine. Installs easily and looks as though it will stop it for good.

Thank you! I am leaning toward the plate also. It seems to disperse the rub evenly to all the areas, rather than just one.

Who has the plate or where can I get it? I was looking to get the merchant fix but it's so pricey and I need to save money as much as possible right now but need to fix it before I have the hole.:mad2:

plate looks nice. i am doing one for another poor ct bastage like myself in a few weeks. if you can hold off i will maybe do a diy. i will try and convince him to take pics while i work.

bammer you reading this hint hint:D

plate looks nice. i am doing one for another poor ct bastage like myself in a few weeks. if you can hold off i will maybe do a diy. i will try and convince him to take pics while i work.

I'll bring the camera my friend, thats all I'll be good for,other than passing you a beer! ):h

Although I would like to have mine fixed within 2 weeks...that probably isn't reality. But other people have done step by step on the merchant fix and we could use that as a guide as well. Looking forward to your write-up though. :thumbsup:

I had the Merchant fix done. My thought was if its going to be replaced, I only want to have to due it once. That being said, I think Kennedy or Rockland Gear will also work.

Lookin' forward to a DIY myself. Haven't done it and don't have a hole but I'm due for a TC oil change and at almost 105k I do believe I'm on borrowed time.
Been running the M1 3qts of 5w30 since around 50k.

When and where you guys doing this? I'd like to know what it's all about and I juuuuust might have an extra mason jar lay'n round:friday:

probably october. we had a date set for last week in sept but shit happens and we changed it to oct. not sure on the specifics yet as we havent gotten that deep. i have to converse with bammer further. once i know i will let you know.

you guys go ahead and enjoy the mason jar. i am good until all repairs are complete. there is only 2 trucks i work on while drinking mine and my drunkard buddies:D. i only do his because he twist my arm literally.):h

I'm good any saturday in Oct, except the 17th... Let me know what kind of beer ya drink stacks,for after of course! :D

Transfer Case Pump Rub Fix

Guys, thanks for hijacking my thread! :D :D :hijacked: :D :D

Just kidding. Are there any benefits of one fix over the other? Is the Merchant fix any better than the steel plate fix or vise versa? There is also a set of do-it-yourself instructions on the diesel page. I may be able to get the address if needed, but it looks pretty simple and straight forward.

Back