• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Proper tires for RV

ghostrider500

Always stirrin' the pot
Reaction score
Hey all, got a good question. I'm trying to put tires on a diesel pusher and so far have been told it needs 19 ply tires put on it as it is a 40' single axle duals set up. I believe 12-14 ply is norm for tractor trailer combos so why in the world would I need more than that. Heavy haul trucks run the same 12-14 ply.
Also am being told that Michelin is the only vender for my size (275/80R22.5) which I find hard to believe, but have not found anybody else yet. Anyone have a source for these oddball tires?

-Mark

I know the rv specific tires are supposed to give a better ridebecause of meeting the weight requiremnts, but allowing more sidewall flex to absorb the road hiccups. I would think with a good set of shocks and you should be fine. Go to a truck tire shop and it should save you some cash. Unless you know someone buying tires for a fleet, that would save a bunch of green.

Back