• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5L PRE FILTER WITH PRIMER PUMP

That looks like the same or similar filter my 1975 Ford Backhoe has.

The Napa Gold filters have been known to have issues in the Ford housing. I don't know if that housing is much different.

The Napa Gold Filters seem to plug easily or not let enough fuel through in general.

I don't know if why the Napa Gold's have the issue. Baldwin's and the Ford/New Holland filters work fine.

Do The filter numbers for The backhoe cross?

Baldwin BF825

Napa Gold 3166

That looks like the same or similar filter my 1975 Ford Backhoe has.

The Napa Gold filters have been known to have issues in the Ford housing. I don't know if that housing is much different.

The Napa Gold Filters seem to plug easily or not let enough fuel through in general.

I don't know if why the Napa Gold's have the issue. Baldwin's and the Ford/New Holland filters work fine.

Do The filter numbers for The backhoe cross?

Baldwin BF825

Napa Gold 3166
Interesting I looked up both the Baldwin BF825 and the Napa 3166, neither show online what the micron rating is. they both cross to each other, also crosses to a Fleetguard FF167 which again doesn't show the micron rating. I was able to cross them to a Donaldson P556245 which they show it to be a 14 micron at 95% efficiency.

there are several variations of this filter that will fit the housing, so you can get different micron rated filters. what's nice to have is the hand primer. that alone can help get someone off the side of the road when the lift pump fails to bleed the system!

I had in mind to remove the tank sock and to use this before my lift pump, but I think I'm going to tackle one project at a time and pass on this one, after thinking about it further. Thank you, though.

Back