• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Powermaster alternators

Twisted Steel Performance

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
Reaction score
What different alternators would be needed for our trucks, have a look on powermasters web site and see what would be preferred. I have a meeting with them soon and would like to be able to list the preferred ones.

The cs-130 is stock on the around 90 to 95 6.5's with serp belt, cs-130D for the 96+, and I would strongly reccomend trying for the ad-244 alternator. The cs-144 was the stock high amp unit used on serp belt 6.5's, but the ad-244 uses the same plug as the cs-130d and is a much improved design over the cs-144. I would stay away from the high amp cs-130 and cs-130D's. The smaller units lose idle output when you put the higher amperage stators in them. The ad-244 in stock trim puts out a solid 80-90 amps, not sure how much they drop off when you step up to the 200 amp and bigger stator.

Mean Green is another vendor with a good rep if powermaster is too much.

Hummers use a cs144- a out 125 amp iirc from 1993-2004.

Nice thing about powermaster is they will set them up to start charging at lower rpm if you want and they build them much nicer than even the pro AC Delco alternators.

Also, Powermaster starters and alternators: years down the road and they need rebuilding, you send then back tk them and they rebuild it to real- new spec. The couple times they weren’t able to rebuild them, they gave new units at rebuild price.
I have a powermaster starter, and when my alternator goes, no guessing what alternator it will get.

Some folks (myself included) would get swayed by lifetime warranty on the cheap auto stores- until I learned the difference. You’ll get massive longer life out of the better built units.

Back