• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Posi-lok button location

93detroit

Reaction score
So I went to pull out this morning after 8" of snow last night. 4wd would not engage- actuator is 3yrs old. Had to take the wife's car to work.
I'm not playing with another prone-to-fail piece of junk, going to a Posi-lok. My brake controller is mounted where they show the engagement button to be. Any suggestions where I can put it? (The button, not the brake control)

not sure how heavy or large of a cable is required, but if it'll fit and you don't use the ash tray, maybe mounting the push pull cable knob where the cig lighter socket goes? then you might be able to hide it when not in use!

I would still go under dash. Run the cable and see how far you can shift off to the side. I know the cup holder thing gets in the way, but hopefully it could fit there still?

Option of building a bracket to hold the cabe just to the right of the transfer-case shifter at an angle. You just need to have someone that can do plastic printing make a cover that mimics the t-case shifter look. The cable only has to move like 3/4”, it’s not like a 1970 choke cable.

Bro- heck no don’t go out in that. We want pics of your truck- not the ambulance hauling you away from being frozen!
Yesterday, went out to check the mail, a lot of ice and rain on top of that, it was mighty slick out there.
I slipped and fell, landed on My butt, now there’s a big crack in it. 🐈💨😹😹😹😹

Back