• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Peninsular 3" Intake Plenum

Reaction score
Who on here is running a 3" intake plenum from Peninsular Diesel, and how did you hook up the sensors? I'm looking into buying one for my truck, but I've heard of people having issues with sensor placement and boost leaks

Hey Nick welcome to TTS.
I run one but its DB2. I've seen people drill & tap them for boost/IAT.

I think my boost bolt could work for the boost side with a tee, one side for the gauge and other side for the boost sensor.
You might need to bush down to 1/8" pipe?? and reuse the silicone seal also a zip tie to hold sensor in place.

One way is to tap the lower intake for the boost and air intake sensors (along with anything else you want, Boost Gauge Sender, AIT Gauge Sender, WMI, Propane...).
3/8 NPT for the Air Sensor. Sensor threads right in.
1/8 NPT for the boost, use a barb fitting at the intake and connect to the sensor with a short piece of hose.
IMG_1801-s.jpg

Small bracket to hold the Boost Sensor in place.
IMG_1803-s.jpg

Or, similar technique and just drill the holes in the Plenum.

Hey Paveltolz,
Where did you get those chrome valve covers? They look great and I would like to find some.
Hijack Alert!
Did them myself, at least the prep work. Back when I was waiting for the motor to get built it was a side job.
Member 635 took them to a local in Ellensburg WA for media blasting and after I picked them up, rather than powder coating, I chose to do them in chrome along with the oil panIMG_0607.JPG IMG_0609.JPG .
IMG_0861.JPG

Back