• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

part number for serprntine belt i

deezl duly

Reaction score
I blew my belt and its shredded.i cant find the old one or part number.since I eliminated the vacuum pump,its not stock.anyone have a belt number that will get me close..thx

I just did the vacuum pump delete a couple of days ago. I bought both sizes to be sure, and it looked like the 99,5” belt was the best although I think the 100” belt would work as well. I ordered them from rock auto:

ac delco 6k995
Gates k061000

Ironically I just changed mine yesterday..but I got a 99.5 inch dayco from advance auto..thats also with my vac pump deleted..a 100in leaves the tensioner almost streight down. And stretch's out quick.

Over the years I’ve seen the answer be 99.5 to 101.5. Differences in brackets, freeplay in the mounting holes being positioned slightly different, different a/c compressor pulleys etc causes a change belt length. Once you delete, you have to experiment a little then write it down on the label under hood or on the door pillar.

What year is the truck?

Given the different positioning of alt and a/c compressor on 94/95 and 96+ there might be slight differences in overall length for a given year, as Will alluded to.

The rule of thumb is a 1" shorter belt.

I just did the vac pump delete last week and bought the AC Delco heavy duty kevlar belt from Rock Auto, part # K061010HD, oem # 19186309.

the 06 stands for 6 grooves, and 1010 means 101.00" inches. So look up the stock belt number. For my '95 it's K061020, and so far the 1010 works just fine for me.

Back