• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P1711 problem help!!!

01lb7duramax.

Reaction score
The truck is a 01 with the allison 1000 has 325k miles just got new clutches installed in the trans put it back to gather boom limp mode with a p1711 pressure switch E stuck closed checked internal garment replaced pressure manifold took valve body apart had a sticking valve so replaced the valve body reassembled same code again with a brand new valve body everything torqued could a bad nsbu switch cause this code as well I know that would be unusual but I need some help here took it to the chevy dealership and they told me it needed a valve body but I just in installed a brand new one

A sticking e valve is one of the most common allison problems there is. The e valve reamer(more so a sizing tool) was one of the 1st tools I bought. If any debros gets in there swapping the valve body, it is pretty common for it to stick the e valve. And swapping the valve body is no guarantee the replacement isn't the same way. As to the nsbu, it will not set a pressure switch code.

Back