• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Our New house

Stoney

Reaction score
IMG_20210916_183635.jpgOk so i got bored, and have been curious about the septic tank.... it's Not backing up or anything but wanted to figure out where it is and such because after tearing off the additions on the back of the house some of the pipe was above ground..also figured it would be better to find the hatch when the ground isn't frozen solid in case it needs to be pumped.... After deciding that a back hoe was in order my back, along with a shovel and hoe got to work.... After much digging I found the tank cover about 2 feet under ground.. the nut to the cover came of pretty easy with some pb blaster. .. come to find out it is a metal tank, the inlet baffel looks solid ld is solid etc. But not sure what I can tell about the actual tank condition with it full .... Code has no record of it being installed, but that's not a surprise cause codes only been in this town since the late 90s...

Stoney

Reaction score
IMG_20211025_150710.jpg

SCORE!!!! Wife was surfing craigslist and some people were giving these butch block countertops away for free!!! Brand new never installed...!!
Now I just gotta figure out how to cut a sink hole in one.. this stuff don't cut easy..lol

dbrannon79

I'm getting there!
Reaction score
if your handy with wood working, you can always build a section of the counter trying to match the butchers block that already has the opening for the sink or do a section for the sink covered in tile so that area doesn't get banged up by the pots n pans (not sure how hard the wood is). then seam the butchers block to it. just throwing ideas.

prefixla

Reaction score
I bet you didn't pay much for this house, I wish you the best of luck dealing with these difficulties, but I don't see here any critical damage or something you cannot fix. This is just a question of time. Anyway, you got very lucky with this mansion, the house looks huge, and you got a lot of work. Also, we can all see the signs of a housing market crash near, so you cannot spend any money on reconstruction and buy a new house when the real estate market crashes.

Will L.

Reaction score
That is valuable garden area Stoney! I see taters and corn in that area! Haha.

I’m feeling the pain with you on building material costs. I can’t put pics online incase nosey neighbor that is mad at me for not rebuilding his 6.5 for free sticks his nose in. Stupid house using my 6.5 money.

How is your house coming along?